High Burden of Malaria and Anemia Among Tribal Pregnant Women in a Chronic Conflict Corridor in India
de Polnay, K
De Smet, M
MetadataShow full item record
JournalConflict and Health
AbstractWith more than 200 million cases a year, malaria is an important global health concern, especially among pregnant women. The forested tribal areas of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Chhattisgarh in India are affected by malaria and by an on-going chronic conflict which seriously limits access to health care. The burden of malaria and anemia among pregnant women in these areas is unknown; moreover there are no specific recommendations for pregnant women in the Indian national malaria policy. The aim of this study is to measure the burden of malaria and anemia among pregnant women presenting in mobile clinics for antenatal care in a conflict-affected corridor in India.
- Routine parallel diagnosis of malaria using microscopy and the malaria rapid diagnostic test SD 05FK60: the experience of Médecins Sans Frontières in Myanmar.
- Authors: Kosack CS, Naing WT, Piriou E, Shanks L
- Issue date: 2013 May 21
- Malaria prevalence among pregnant women in two districts with differing endemicity in Chhattisgarh, India.
- Authors: Singh N, Singh MP, Wylie BJ, Hussain M, Kojo YA, Shekhar C, Sabin L, Desai M, Udhayakumar V, Hamer DH
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 10
- Prevalence and Correlates of Asymptomatic Malaria and Anemia on First Antenatal Care Visit among Pregnant Women in Southeast, Tanzania.
- Authors: Mlugu EM, Minzi O, Kamuhabwa AAR, Aklillu E
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 30
- Performance of four HRP-2/pLDH combination rapid diagnostic tests and field microscopy as screening tests for malaria in pregnancy in Indonesia: a cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Ahmed R, Levy EI, Maratina SS, de Jong JJ, Asih PB, Rozi IE, Hawley W, Syafruddin D, ter Kuile F
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 29
- A study of anemia in pregnant women with Plasmodium falciparum at district hospitals in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
- Authors: Sychareun V, Phengsavanh A, Kitysivoilaphanh B, Prabouasone K, Viriyavejakul P, Krudsood S, Phophak N, Looareesuwan S
- Issue date: 2000