Does Timing of Antiretroviral Treatment Influence Treatment Outcomes of Visceral Leishmaniasis in Northwest Ethiopia?
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVisceral leishmaniasis (VL) patients with HIV co-infection should receive antiretroviral treatment (ART). However, the best timing for initiation of ART is not known. Among such individuals, we assessed the influence of ART timing on VL outcomes.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Concordant HIV infection and visceral leishmaniasis in Ethiopia: the influence of antiretroviral treatment and other factors on outcome.
- Authors: ter Horst R, Collin SM, Ritmeijer K, Bogale A, Davidson RN
- Issue date: 2008 Jun 1
- Visceral Leishmaniasis and HIV Co-Infection in Northwest Ethiopia: Antiretroviral Treatment and Burden of Disease among Patients Enrolled in HIV Care.
- Authors: van Griensven J, Simegn T, Endris M, Diro E
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- The Risk and Predictors of Visceral Leishmaniasis Relapse in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Coinfected Patients in Ethiopia: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Authors: Abongomera C, Diro E, Vogt F, Tsoumanis A, Mekonnen Z, Admassu H, Colebunders R, Mohammed R, Ritmeijer K, van Griensven J
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 30
- Visceral leishmaniasis and HIV co-infection in Bihar, India: long-term effectiveness and treatment outcomes with liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome).
- Authors: Burza S, Mahajan R, Sinha PK, van Griensven J, Pandey K, Lima MA, Sanz MG, Sunyoto T, Kumar S, Mitra G, Kumar R, Verma N, Das P
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- The initial effectiveness of liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) and miltefosine combination for treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in HIV co-infected patients in Ethiopia: A retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Abongomera C, Diro E, de Lima Pereira A, Buyze J, Stille K, Ahmed F, van Griensven J, Ritmeijer K
- Issue date: 2018 May