HIV Misdiagnosis in Sub-Saharan Africa: Performance of Diagnostic Algorithms at Six Testing Sites
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe evaluated the diagnostic accuracy of HIV testing algorithms at six programmes in five sub-Saharan African countries.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Designing HIV Testing Algorithms Based on 2015 WHO Guidelines Using Data from Six Sites in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Authors: Kosack CS, Shanks L, Beelaert G, Benson T, Savane A, Ng'ang'a A, Bita A, Zahinda JBN, Fransen K, Page AL
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Towards more accurate HIV testing in sub-Saharan Africa: a multi-site evaluation of HIV RDTs and risk factors for false positives.
- Authors: Kosack CS, Page AL, Beelaert G, Benson T, Savane A, Ng'ang'a A, Andre B, Zahinda JB, Shanks L, Fransen K
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 24
- Misdiagnosis of HIV infection during a South African community-based survey: implications for rapid HIV testing.
- Authors: Kufa T, Kharsany AB, Cawood C, Khanyile D, Lewis L, Grobler A, Chipeta Z, Bere A, Glenshaw M, Puren A
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 29
- Self-reported HIV-positive status but subsequent HIV-negative test result using rapid diagnostic testing algorithms among seven sub-Saharan African military populations.
- Authors: Harbertson J, Hale BR, Tran BR, Thomas AG, Grillo MP, Jacobs MB, McAnany J, Shaffer RA
- Issue date: 2017
- The evaluation of a rapid in situ HIV confirmation test in a programme with a high failure rate of the WHO HIV two-test diagnostic algorithm.
- Authors: Klarkowski DB, Wazome JM, Lokuge KM, Shanks L, Mills CF, O'Brien DP
- Issue date: 2009