Cardiovascular Disease Risk and Prevention Amongst Syrian Refugees: Mixed Methods Study of Médecins Sans Frontières Programme in Jordan
MetadataShow full item record
JournalConflict and Health
AbstractThe growing burden of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) presented new challenges for medical humanitarian aid and little was known about primary health care approaches for these diseases in humanitarian response. We aimed to evaluate Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF's) use of total CVD risk based prevention strategies amongst Syrian refugees in northern Jordan to identify opportunities to improve total CVD risk based guidance for humanitarian settings.
- "To die is better for me", social suffering among Syrian refugees at a noncommunicable disease clinic in Jordan: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Maconick L, Ansbro É, Ellithy S, Jobanputra K, Tarawneh M, Roberts B
- Issue date: 2020
- MSF experiences of providing multidisciplinary primary level NCD care for Syrian refugees and the host population in Jordan: an implementation study guided by the RE-AIM framework.
- Authors: Ansbro É, Homan T, Qasem J, Bil K, Rasoul Tarawneh M, Roberts B, Perel P, Jobanputra K
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 26
- Clinical outcomes in a primary-level non-communicable disease programme for Syrian refugees and the host population in Jordan: A cohort analysis using routine data.
- Authors: Ansbro É, Homan T, Prieto Merino D, Jobanputra K, Qasem J, Muhammad S, Fardous T, Perel P
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Delivering a primary-level non-communicable disease programme for Syrian refugees and the host population in Jordan: a descriptive costing study.
- Authors: Ansbro É, Garry S, Karir V, Reddy A, Jobanputra K, Fardous T, Sadique Z
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 1
- Prevalence of non-communicable diseases and access to care among non-camp Syrian refugees in northern Jordan.
- Authors: Rehr M, Shoaib M, Ellithy S, Okour S, Ariti C, Ait-Bouziad I, van den Bosch P, Deprade A, Altarawneh M, Shafei A, Gabashneh S, Lenglet A
- Issue date: 2018