Health Care Workers' Perceptions of Point-of-Care Testing in a Low-Income Country-A Qualitative Study in Southwestern Uganda
Andersson Svahn, H
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPoint-of-care (POC) tests have become increasingly available and more widely used in recent years. They have been of particular importance to low-income settings, enabling them with clinical capacities that had previously been limited. POC testing programs hold a great potential for significant improvement in low-income health systems. However, as most POC tests are developed in high-income countries, disengagement between developers and end-users inhibit their full potential. This study explores perceptions of POC test end-users in a low-income setting, aiming to support the development of novel POC tests for low-income countries.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Point-of-care testing in India: missed opportunities to realize the true potential of point-of-care testing programs.
- Authors: Engel N, Ganesh G, Patil M, Yellappa V, Vadnais C, Pai NP, Pai M
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 14
- Perinatal mental health care in a rural African district, Uganda: a qualitative study of barriers, facilitators and needs.
- Authors: Nakku JE, Okello ES, Kizza D, Honikman S, Ssebunnya J, Ndyanabangi S, Hanlon C, Kigozi F
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 22
- Veterans Healthcare Administration providers' attitudes and perceptions regarding pragmatic trials embedded at the point of care.
- Authors: Weir CR, Butler J, Thraen I, Woods PA, Hermos J, Ferguson R, Gleason T, Barrus R, Fiore L
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Acceptability and feasibility of using non-specialist health workers to deliver mental health care: stakeholder perceptions from the PRIME district sites in Ethiopia, India, Nepal, South Africa, and Uganda.
- Authors: Mendenhall E, De Silva MJ, Hanlon C, Petersen I, Shidhaye R, Jordans M, Luitel N, Ssebunnya J, Fekadu A, Patel V, Tomlinson M, Lund C
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Compounding diagnostic delays: a qualitative study of point-of-care testing in South Africa.
- Authors: Engel N, Davids M, Blankvoort N, Pai NP, Dheda K, Pai M
- Issue date: 2015 Apr