Carriage Prevalence and Serotype Distribution of Streptococcus Pneumoniae Prior to 10-Valent Pneumococcal Vaccine Introduction: A Population-Based Cross-Sectional Study in South Western Uganda, 2014
le Polain de Waroux, O
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInformation on Streptococcus pneumoniae nasopharyngeal (NP) carriage before the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) introduction is essential to monitor impact. The 10-valent PCV (PCV10) was officially introduced throughout Ugandan national childhood immunization programs in 2013 and rolled-out countrywide during 2014. We aimed to measure the age-specific Streptococcus pneumoniae carriage and serotype distribution across all population age groups in the pre-PCV10 era in South Western Uganda.
- Population effect of 10-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae and non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae in Kilifi, Kenya: findings from cross-sectional carriage studies.
- Authors: Hammitt LL, Akech DO, Morpeth SC, Karani A, Kihuha N, Nyongesa S, Bwanaali T, Mumbo E, Kamau T, Sharif SK, Scott JA
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Pneumococcal Carriage in Children under Five Years in Uganda-Will Present Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccines Be Appropriate?
- Authors: Lindstrand A, Kalyango J, Alfvén T, Darenberg J, Kadobera D, Bwanga F, Peterson S, Henriques-Normark B, Källander K
- Issue date: 2016
- Nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae among HIV-infected and -uninfected children <5 years of age before introduction of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in Mozambique.
- Authors: Verani JR, Massora S, Acácio S, Dos Santos RT, Vubil D, Pimenta F, Moura I, Whitney CG, Costa MH, Macete E, Matsinhe MB, Carvalho MDG, Sigaúque B
- Issue date: 2018
- Effect of 10-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae among children in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Authors: Brandileone MC, Zanella RC, Almeida SCG, Brandao AP, Ribeiro AF, Carvalhanas TMP, Sato H, Andrade AL, Verani JR, Pneumococcal Carriage Study Group.
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 4
- Invasive disease potential of Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes before and after 10-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine introduction in a rural area, southern Mozambique.
- Authors: Massora S, Lessa FC, Moiane B, Pimenta FC, Mucavele H, Chaúque A, Cossa A, Verani JR, Tembe N, da Gloria Carvalho M, Muñoz-Almagro C, Sigaúque B
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 3