High Rates of Retention and Viral Suppression in the Scale-Up of Antiretroviral Therapy Adherence Clubs in Cape Town, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIncreasingly, there is a need for health authority scale up of successfully piloted differentiated models of antiretroviral therapy (ART) delivery. However, there is a paucity of evidence on system-wide outcomes after scale-up. In the Cape Town health district, stable adult patients were referred to adherence clubs (ACs) - a group model of ART delivery with five visits per year. By the end of March 2015, over 32,000 ART patients were in an AC. We describe patient outcomes of a representative sample of AC patients during this scale-up.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Adherence clubs and decentralized medication delivery to support patient retention and sustained viral suppression in care: Results from a cluster-randomized evaluation of differentiated ART delivery models in South Africa.
- Authors: Fox MP, Pascoe S, Huber AN, Murphy J, Phokojoe M, Gorgens M, Rosen S, Wilson D, Pillay Y, Fraser-Hurt N
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Differentiated models of care for postpartum women on antiretroviral therapy in Cape Town, South Africa: a cohort study.
- Authors: Myer L, Iyun V, Zerbe A, Phillips TK, Brittain K, Mukonda E, Allerton J, Kalombo CD, Nofemela A, Abrams EJ
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 21
- Implementation and Operational Research: Community-Based Adherence Clubs for the Management of Stable Antiretroviral Therapy Patients in Cape Town, South Africa: A Cohort Study.
- Authors: Grimsrud A, Lesosky M, Kalombo C, Bekker LG, Myer L
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 1
- Implementation of community-based adherence clubs for stable antiretroviral therapy patients in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Authors: Grimsrud A, Sharp J, Kalombo C, Bekker LG, Myer L
- Issue date: 2015
- HIV viral suppression and longevity among a cohort of children initiating antiretroviral therapy in Eastern Cape, South Africa.
- Authors: Teasdale CA, Sogaula N, Yuengling KA, Wang C, Mutiti A, Arpadi S, Nxele M, Pepeta L, Mogashoa M, Rivadeneira ED, Abrams EJ
- Issue date: 2018 Aug