High Rates of Retention and Viral Suppression in the Scale-Up of Antiretroviral Therapy Adherence Clubs in Cape Town, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIncreasingly, there is a need for health authority scale up of successfully piloted differentiated models of antiretroviral therapy (ART) delivery. However, there is a paucity of evidence on system-wide outcomes after scale-up. In the Cape Town health district, stable adult patients were referred to adherence clubs (ACs) - a group model of ART delivery with five visits per year. By the end of March 2015, over 32,000 ART patients were in an AC. We describe patient outcomes of a representative sample of AC patients during this scale-up.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Long-term virologic responses to antiretroviral therapy among HIV-positive patients entering adherence clubs in Khayelitsha, Cape Town, South Africa: a longitudinal analysis.
- Authors: Kehoe K, Boulle A, Tsondai PR, Euvrard J, Davies MA, Cornell M
- Issue date: 2020 May
- Adherence clubs and decentralized medication delivery to support patient retention and sustained viral suppression in care: Results from a cluster-randomized evaluation of differentiated ART delivery models in South Africa.
- Authors: Fox MP, Pascoe S, Huber AN, Murphy J, Phokojoe M, Gorgens M, Rosen S, Wilson D, Pillay Y, Fraser-Hurt N
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Twenty-four-month outcomes from a cluster-randomized controlled trial of extending antiretroviral therapy refills in ART adherence clubs.
- Authors: Cassidy T, Grimsrud A, Keene C, Lebelo K, Hayes H, Orrell C, Zokufa N, Mutseyekwa T, Voget J, Gerstenhaber R, Wilkinson L
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Implementation of community-based adherence clubs for stable antiretroviral therapy patients in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Authors: Grimsrud A, Sharp J, Kalombo C, Bekker LG, Myer L
- Issue date: 2015
- Differentiated models of care for postpartum women on antiretroviral therapy in Cape Town, South Africa: a cohort study.
- Authors: Myer L, Iyun V, Zerbe A, Phillips TK, Brittain K, Mukonda E, Allerton J, Kalombo CD, Nofemela A, Abrams EJ
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 21