High Rates of Retention and Viral Suppression in the Scale-Up of Antiretroviral Therapy Adherence Clubs in Cape Town, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIncreasingly, there is a need for health authority scale up of successfully piloted differentiated models of antiretroviral therapy (ART) delivery. However, there is a paucity of evidence on system-wide outcomes after scale-up. In the Cape Town health district, stable adult patients were referred to adherence clubs (ACs) - a group model of ART delivery with five visits per year. By the end of March 2015, over 32,000 ART patients were in an AC. We describe patient outcomes of a representative sample of AC patients during this scale-up.
PublisherInternational AIDS Society
- Differentiated models of care for postpartum women on antiretroviral therapy in Cape Town, South Africa: a cohort study.
- Authors: Myer L, Iyun V, Zerbe A, Phillips TK, Brittain K, Mukonda E, Allerton J, Kalombo CD, Nofemela A, Abrams EJ
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 21
- Implementation and Operational Research: Community-Based Adherence Clubs for the Management of Stable Antiretroviral Therapy Patients in Cape Town, South Africa: A Cohort Study.
- Authors: Grimsrud A, Lesosky M, Kalombo C, Bekker LG, Myer L
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 1
- Implementation of community-based adherence clubs for stable antiretroviral therapy patients in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Authors: Grimsrud A, Sharp J, Kalombo C, Bekker LG, Myer L
- Issue date: 2015
- Expansion of the Adherence Club model for stable antiretroviral therapy patients in the Cape Metro, South Africa 2011-2015.
- Authors: Wilkinson L, Harley B, Sharp J, Solomon S, Jacobs S, Cragg C, Kriel E, Peton N, Jennings K, Grimsrud A
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Improved long-term antiretroviral treatment outcomes amongst patients receiving community-based adherence support in South Africa.
- Authors: Fatti G, Mothibi E, Shaikh N, Grimwood A
- Issue date: 2016 Nov