The Modified South African Triage Scale System for Mortality Prediction in Resource-Constrained Emergency Surgical Centers: A Retrospective Cohort Study
Van den Bergh, R
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Health Services Research
AbstractThe South African Triage Scale (SATS) was developed to facilitate patient triage in emergency departments (EDs) and is used by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in low-resource environments. The aim was to determine if SATS data, reason for admission, and patient age can be used to develop and validate a model predicting the in-hospital risk of death in emergency surgical centers and to compare the model's discriminative power with that of the four SATS categories alone.
- Inter-rater and intrarater reliability of the South African Triage Scale in low-resource settings of Haiti and Afghanistan.
- Authors: Dalwai M, Tayler-Smith K, Twomey M, Nasim M, Popal AQ, Haqdost WH, Gayraud O, Cheréstal S, Wallis L, Valles P
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Is the South African Triage Scale valid for use in Afghanistan, Haiti and Sierra Leone?
- Authors: Dalwai M, Valles P, Twomey M, Nzomukunda Y, Jonjo P, Sasikumar M, Nasim M, Razaaq A, Gayraud O, Jecrois PR, Wallis L, Tayler-Smith K
- Issue date: 2017
- Predicting hospital admissions at emergency department triage using routine administrative data.
- Authors: Sun Y, Heng BH, Tay SY, Seow E
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Development of a Middle-Age and Geriatric Trauma Mortality Risk Score A Tool to Guide Palliative Care Consultations.
- Authors: Konda SR, Seymour R, Manoli A, Gales J, Karunakar MA, Carolinas Trauma Network Research Group.
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Evaluation of the implementation of the South African Triage System at an academic hospital in central Haiti.
- Authors: Rouhani SA, Aaronson E, Jacques A, Brice S, Marsh RH
- Issue date: 2017 Jul