Assessment of Regression Models for Adjustment of Iron Status Biomarkers for Inflammation in Children with Moderate Acute Malnutrition in Burkina Faso
MetadataShow full item record
JournalThe Journal of Nutrition
AbstractBiomarkers of iron status are affected by inflammation. In order to interpret them in individuals with inflammation, the use of correction factors (CFs) has been proposed.
PublisherAmerican Society for Nutrition
DescriptionWe regret that this article is behind a paywall.
- Impact of food supplements on hemoglobin, iron status, and inflammation in children with moderate acute malnutrition: a 2 × 2 × 3 factorial randomized trial in Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Cichon B, Fabiansen C, Iuel-Brockdorf AS, Yaméogo CW, Ritz C, Christensen VB, Filteau S, Briend A, Michaelsen KF, Friis H
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 1
- Assessment of iron status in settings of inflammation: challenges and potential approaches.
- Authors: Suchdev PS, Williams AM, Mei Z, Flores-Ayala R, Pasricha SR, Rogers LM, Namaste SM
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Adjusting soluble transferrin receptor concentrations for inflammation: Biomarkers Reflecting Inflammation and Nutritional Determinants of Anemia (BRINDA) project.
- Authors: Rohner F, Namaste SM, Larson LM, Addo OY, Mei Z, Suchdev PS, Williams AM, Sakr Ashour FA, Rawat R, Raiten DJ, Northrop-Clewes CA
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Within-individual differences in plasma ferritin, retinol-binding protein, and zinc concentrations in relation to inflammation observed during a short-term longitudinal study are similar to between-individual differences observed cross-sectionally.
- Authors: Wessells KR, Peerson JM, Brown KH
- Issue date: 2019 May 1
- Asymptomatic malaria infection affects the interpretation of biomarkers of iron and vitamin A status, even after adjusting for systemic inflammation, but does not affect plasma zinc concentrations among young children in Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Wessells KR, Hess SY, Ouédraogo ZP, Rouamba N, Ouédraogo JB, Brown KH
- Issue date: 2014 Dec