Knowledge, Access and Utilization of Bed-Nets Among Stable and Seasonal Migrants in an Artemisinin Resistance Containment Area of Myanmar
MetadataShow full item record
JournalInfectious Diseases of Poverty
AbstractMyanmar lies in the Greater Mekong sub-region of South-East Asia faced with the challenge of emerging resistance to artemisinin combination therapies (ACT). Migrant populations are more likely than others to spread ACT resistance. A vital intervention to reduce malaria transmission, resistance spread and eliminate malaria is the use of bed nets. Among seasonal and stable migrants in an artemisinin resistance containment region of Myanmar, we compared a) their household characteristics, b) contact with health workers and information material, and c) household knowledge, access and utilization of bed nets.
- Assessment of household ownership of bed nets in areas with and without artemisinin resistance containment measures in Myanmar.
- Authors: Maung TM, Oo T, Wai KT, Hlaing T, Owiti P, Kumar B, Shewade HD, Zachariah R, Thi A
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 23
- Household ownership and utilization of insecticide-treated nets under the Regional Artemisinin Resistance Initiative in Myanmar.
- Authors: Maung TM, Tripathy JP, Oo T, Oo SM, Soe TN, Thi A, Wai KT
- Issue date: 2018
- Challenges in universal coverage and utilization of insecticide-treated bed nets in migrant plantation workers in Myanmar.
- Authors: Nyunt MH, Aye KM, Kyaw MP, Kyaw TT, Hlaing T, Oo K, Zaw NN, Aye TT, San NA
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 2
- Coverage, use and maintenance of bed nets and related influence factors in Kachin Special Region II, northeastern Myanmar.
- Authors: Liu H, Xu JW, Guo XR, Havumaki J, Lin YX, Yu GC, Zhou DL
- Issue date: 2015 May 21
- Ownership and Use of Insecticide-Treated Nets among People Living in Malaria Endemic Areas of Eastern Myanmar.
- Authors: Aung T, Wei C, McFarland W, Aung YK, Khin HS
- Issue date: 2016