Effectiveness of Food Supplements in Increasing Fat-Free Tissue Accretion in Children with Moderate Acute Malnutrition: A Randomised 2 × 2 × 3 Factorial Trial in Burkina Faso
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChildren with moderate acute malnutrition (MAM) are treated with lipid-based nutrient supplement (LNS) or corn-soy blend (CSB). We assessed the effectiveness of (a) matrix, i.e., LNS or CSB, (b) soy quality, i.e., soy isolate (SI) or dehulled soy (DS), and (c) percentage of total protein from dry skimmed milk, i.e., 0%, 20%, or 50%, in increasing fat-free tissue accretion.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Impact of food supplements on early child development in children with moderate acute malnutrition: A randomised 2 x 2 x 3 factorial trial in Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Olsen MF, Iuel-Brockdorff AS, Yaméogo CW, Cichon B, Fabiansen C, Filteau S, Phelan K, Ouédraogo A, Michaelsen KF, Gladstone M, Ashorn P, Briend A, Ritz C, Friis H, Christensen VB
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Impact of food supplements on hemoglobin, iron status, and inflammation in children with moderate acute malnutrition: a 2 × 2 × 3 factorial randomized trial in Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Cichon B, Fabiansen C, Iuel-Brockdorf AS, Yaméogo CW, Ritz C, Christensen VB, Filteau S, Briend A, Michaelsen KF, Friis H
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 1
- Evaluation of the acceptability of improved supplementary foods for the treatment of moderate acute malnutrition in Burkina Faso using a mixed method approach.
- Authors: Iuel-Brockdorf AS, Draebel TA, Ritz C, Fabiansen C, Cichon B, Brix Christensen V, Yameogo C, Oummani R, Briend A, Michaelsen KF, Ashorn P, Filteau S, Friis H
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 1
- Acceptability of new formulations of corn-soy blends and lipid-based nutrient supplements in Province du Passoré, Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Iuel-Brockdorf AS, Dræbel TA, Fabiansen C, Cichon B, Christensen VB, Yameogo C, Ritz C, Frahm Olsen M, Friis H
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- A novel fortified blended flour, corn-soy blend "plus-plus," is not inferior to lipid-based ready-to-use supplementary foods for the treatment of moderate acute malnutrition in Malawian children.
- Authors: LaGrone LN, Trehan I, Meuli GJ, Wang RJ, Thakwalakwa C, Maleta K, Manary MJ
- Issue date: 2012 Jan