Low Mother-to-Child HIV Transmission Rate But High Loss-to-Follow-Up Among Mothers and Babies in Mandalay, Myanmar; A Cohort Study
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLoss-to-follow-up (LTFU) throughout the Prevention of Mother-To-Child Transmission (PMTCT) cascade remains one of the major threats to the success of PMTCT programs. In this study, we aimed to determine the mother-to-child transmission rate in a programmatic setting and to determine factors associated with LTFU among enrolled mothers and unfavorable outcomes among HIV-exposed babies which includes being HIV positive, death and LTFU.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Loss to Follow-Up within the Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission Care Cascade in a Large ART Program in Nigeria.
- Authors: Rawizza HE, Chang CA, Chaplin B, Ahmed IA, Meloni ST, Oyebode T, Banigbe B, Sagay AS, Adewole IF, Okonkwo P, Kanki PJ, APIN PEPFAR Team.
- Issue date: 2015
- Uptake of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-positive women ever enrolled into 'prevention of mother to child transmission' programme, Mandalay, Myanmar-a cohort study.
- Authors: Kyaw KWY, Satyanarayana S, Phyo KH, Kyaw NTT, Mon AA, Lwin TT, Aung TK, Oo MM, Aung ZZ, Htun T, Kham NSN, Mya T, Kumar AMV, Oo HN
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 4
- A retrospective study of Human Immunodeficiency Virus transmission, mortality and loss to follow-up among infants in the first 18 months of life in a prevention of mother-to-child transmission programme in an urban hospital in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Authors: Chetty T, Knight S, Giddy J, Crankshaw TL, Butler LM, Newell ML
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 10
- Implementation and Operational Research: Maternal Combination Antiretroviral Therapy Is Associated With Improved Retention of HIV-Exposed Infants in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Feinstein L, Edmonds A, Okitolonda V, Cole SR, Van Rie A, Chi BH, Ndjibu P, Lusiama J, Chalachala JL, Behets F
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 1
- Effectiveness of prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission programmes in Kilimanjaro region, northern Tanzania.
- Authors: Mwendo EM, Mtuy TB, Renju J, Rutherford GW, Nondi J, Sichalwe AW, Todd J
- Issue date: 2014 Mar