Prevalence of Antibodies to Brucella Species in Commercial Raw Bovine Milk in Southwestern Uganda
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Research Notes
AbstractThe purpose and objective of this research was to explore the prevalence of antibodies against Brucella species in raw milk samples collected in Southwestern Uganda, one of the biggest milk producing regions in the Country. We hypothesized that there is a high level of antibodies in milk samples from this region. This builds more evidence to other studies in the region on the level contamination of raw milk.
- Enzyme immunoassay using mouse monoclonal anti-bovine antibodies for the detection of Brucella abortus antibodies in cow milk.
- Authors: Bercovich Z, Taaijke R
- Issue date: 1990 Dec
- Evaluation of PCR and indirect enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay on milk samples for diagnosis of brucellosis in dairy cattle.
- Authors: Romero C, Pardo M, Grillo MJ, Diaz R, Blasco JM, Lopez-Goñi I
- Issue date: 1995 Dec
- The milk delivery chain and presence of Brucella spp. antibodies in bulk milk in Uganda.
- Authors: Rock KT, Mugizi DR, Ståhl K, Magnusson U, Boqvist S
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with bovine brucellosis in herds under extensive production system in southwestern Nigeria.
- Authors: Ogugua AJ, Akinseye VO, Cadmus EO, Jolaoluwa Awosanya EA, Alabi PI, Idowu OS, Akinade SA, Dale EJ, Perrett L, Taylor A, Ignocio M, Cadmus SIB
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- Comparison of an indirect ELISA with the Brucella milk ring test for detection of antibodies to Brucella abortus in bulk milk samples.
- Authors: Vanzini VR, Aguirre NP, Valentini BS, Torioni de Echaide S, Lugaresi CI, Marchesino MD, Nielsen K
- Issue date: 2001 Sep 3