Long-term Clinical Outcomes in Visceral Leishmaniasis-HIV Co-infected Patients during and after Pentamidine Secondary Prophylaxis in Ethiopia: a single-arm clinical trial
De Crop, M
van Loen, H
van Griensven, J
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America
AbstractWe have conducted a single-arm trial evaluating monthly pentamidine secondary prophylaxis (PSP) to prevent visceral leishmaniasis (VL) relapse in Ethiopian HIV-patients. Outcomes at 12 months of PSP have been previously reported, supporting PSP effectiveness and safety. However, remaining relapse-free after PSP discontinuation is vital. We now report outcomes and associated factors for a period of upto 2.5 years after initiating PSP, including one year follow-up after PSP discontinuation.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Long term outcomes and prognostics of visceral leishmaniasis in HIV infected patients with use of pentamidine as secondary prophylaxis based on CD4 level: a prospective cohort study in Ethiopia.
- Authors: Diro E, Edwards T, Ritmeijer K, Fikre H, Abongomera C, Kibret A, Bardonneau C, Soipei P, Mutinda B, Omollo R, van Griensven J, Zijlstra EE, Wasunna M, Alves F, Alvar J, Hailu A, Alexander N, Blesson S
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Use of Pentamidine As Secondary Prophylaxis to Prevent Visceral Leishmaniasis Relapse in HIV Infected Patients, the First Twelve Months of a Prospective Cohort Study.
- Authors: Diro E, Ritmeijer K, Boelaert M, Alves F, Mohammed R, Abongomera C, Ravinetto R, De Crop M, Fikre H, Adera C, Colebunders R, van Loen H, Menten J, Lynen L, Hailu A, van Griensven J
- Issue date: 2015
- The Risk and Predictors of Visceral Leishmaniasis Relapse in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Coinfected Patients in Ethiopia: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Authors: Abongomera C, Diro E, Vogt F, Tsoumanis A, Mekonnen Z, Admassu H, Colebunders R, Mohammed R, Ritmeijer K, van Griensven J
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 30
- Concordant HIV infection and visceral leishmaniasis in Ethiopia: the influence of antiretroviral treatment and other factors on outcome.
- Authors: ter Horst R, Collin SM, Ritmeijer K, Bogale A, Davidson RN
- Issue date: 2008 Jun 1
- Liposomal amphotericin B for visceral leishmaniasis in human immunodeficiency virus-coinfected patients: 2-year treatment outcomes in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Sinha PK, van Griensven J, Pandey K, Kumar N, Verma N, Mahajan R, Kumar P, Kumar R, Das P, Mitra G, Flevaud L, Ferreyra C, Remartinez D, Pece M, Palma PP
- Issue date: 2011 Oct