Off-Label Use of Bedaquiline in Children and Adolescents with Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis
du Cros, P
MetadataShow full item record
JournalEmerging Infectious Diseases
AbstractWe describe 27 children and adolescents <18 years of age who received bedaquiline during treatment for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. We report good treatment responses and no cessation attributable to adverse effects. Bedaquiline could be considered for use with this age group for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis when treatment options are limited.
- Provisional CDC guidelines for the use and safety monitoring of bedaquiline fumarate (Sirturo) for the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Authors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 25
- Bedaquiline: a novel antitubercular agent for the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Authors: Worley MV, Estrada SJ
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Outcomes of Bedaquiline Treatment in Patients with Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis.
- Authors: Mbuagbaw L, Guglielmetti L, Hewison C, Bakare N, Bastard M, Caumes E, Fréchet-Jachym M, Robert J, Veziris N, Khachatryan N, Kotrikadze T, Hayrapetyan A, Avaliani Z, Schünemann HJ, Lienhardt C
- Issue date: 2019 May
- The use of bedaquiline to treat patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis and end-stage renal disease: A case report.
- Authors: Park S, Lee KM, Kim I, Mok J
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Tradeoffs in Introduction Policies for the Anti-Tuberculosis Drug Bedaquiline: A Model-Based Analysis.
- Authors: Kunkel A, Cobelens FG, Cohen T
- Issue date: 2016 Oct