A Clinical Severity Scoring System for Visceral Leishmaniasis in Immunocompetent Patients in South Sudan
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractSouth Sudan is one of the most endemic countries for visceral leishmaniasis (VL), and is frequently affected by large epidemics. In resource-limited settings, clinicians require a simple clinical tool to identify VL patients who are at increased risk of dying, and who need specialised treatment with liposomal amphotericin B and other supportive care. The aim of this study was to develop and validate a clinical severity scoring system based on risk factors for death in VL patients in South Sudan.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Concomitant malaria among visceral leishmaniasis in-patients from Gedarif and Sennar States, Sudan: a retrospective case-control study.
- Authors: van den Bogaart E, Berkhout MM, Nour AB, Mens PF, Talha AB, Adams ER, Ahmed HB, Abdelrahman SH, Ritmeijer K, Nour BY, Schallig HD
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 11
- Risk factors for visceral leishmaniasis relapse in immunocompetent patients following treatment with 20 mg/kg liposomal amphotericin B (Ambisome) in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Burza S, Sinha PK, Mahajan R, Lima MA, Mitra G, Verma N, Balasegaram M, Das P
- Issue date: 2014
- Visceral leishmaniasis relapse in Southern Sudan (1999-2007): a retrospective study of risk factors and trends.
- Authors: Gorski S, Collin SM, Ritmeijer K, Keus K, Gatluak F, Mueller M, Davidson RN
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 8
- Outcomes of visceral leishmaniasis in pregnancy: A retrospective cohort study from South Sudan.
- Authors: Pekelharing JE, Gatluak F, Harrison T, Maldonado F, Siddiqui MR, Ritmeijer K
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Post Kala-Azar dermal leishmaniasis following treatment with 20 mg/kg liposomal amphotericin B (Ambisome) for primary visceral leishmaniasis in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Burza S, Sinha PK, Mahajan R, Sanz MG, Lima MA, Mitra G, Verma N, Das P
- Issue date: 2014