Six-monthly appointment spacing for clinical visits as a model for retention in HIV Care in Conakry-Guinea: a cohort study
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Infectious Diseases
AbstractThe outbreak of the Ebola virus disease (EVD) in 2014 led to massive dropouts in HIV care in Guinea. Meanwhile, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) was implementing a six-monthly appointment spacing approach adapted locally as Rendez-vous de Six Mois (R6M) with an objective to improve retention in care. We sought to evaluate this innovative model of ART delivery in circumstances where access to healthcare is restricted.
- Effect of Ebola virus disease on maternal and child health services in Guinea: a retrospective observational cohort study.
- Authors: Delamou A, Ayadi AME, Sidibe S, Delvaux T, Camara BS, Sandouno SD, Beavogui AH, Rutherford GW, Okumura J, Zhang WH, De Brouwere V
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- [Treatment outcome, survival and their risk factors among new tuberculosis patients co-infected with HIV during the Ebola outbreak in Conakry].
- Authors: Camara A, Sow MS, Touré A, Diallo OH, Kaba I, Bah B, Diallo TH, Diallo MS, Guilavogui T, Sow OY
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- High rates of viral suppression in adults and children with high CD4+ counts using a streamlined ART delivery model in the SEARCH trial in rural Uganda and Kenya.
- Authors: Kwarisiima D, Kamya MR, Owaraganise A, Mwangwa F, Byonanebye DM, Ayieko J, Plenty A, Black D, Clark TD, Nzarubara B, Snyman K, Brown L, Bukusi E, Cohen CR, Geng EH, Charlebois ED, Ruel TD, Petersen ML, Havlir D, Jain V
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 21
- Antiretroviral treatment outcome in HIV-1-infected patients routinely followed up in capital cities and remote areas of Senegal, Mali and Guinea-Conakry.
- Authors: Diouara AA, Ndiaye HD, Guindo I, Bangoura N, Cissé M, Edmond T, Bougoudogo F, Mboup S, Peeters M, Ayouba A, Kane NC
- Issue date: 2014
- Factors associated with long-term antiretroviral therapy attrition among adolescents in rural Uganda: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Okoboi S, Ssali L, Yansaneh AI, Bakanda C, Birungi J, Nantume S, Okullu JL, Sharp AR, Moore DM, Kalibala S
- Issue date: 2016