Assessing the outcomes of HIV-infected persons receiving treatment for Kaposi sarcoma in Conakry-Guinea
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMédecins Sans Frontières is supporting comprehensive HIV care and treatment for Kaposi Sarcoma (KS) in Guinea, where antiretroviral coverage is low and access to KS treatment is very limited. We aimed to evaluate treatment response and survival outcomes of epidemic KS in this setting.
- Recommendations for treating life-threatening Kaposi sarcoma during pregnancy in HIV-positive women in low income countries.
- Authors: Bacha JM, El-Mallawany NK, Slone JS, Wilkinson JP, Mehta PS, Campbell LR
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Chemotherapy for AIDS-related and endemic African Kaposi's sarcoma in southern Africa.
- Authors: Stein ME, Lachter J, Spencer D, Bezwoda WR
- Issue date: 1995 Oct
- Clinical Factors Associated with Long-Term Complete Remission versus Poor Response to Chemotherapy in HIV-Infected Children and Adolescents with Kaposi Sarcoma Receiving Bleomycin and Vincristine: A Retrospective Observational Study.
- Authors: El-Mallawany NK, Kamiyango W, Slone JS, Villiera J, Kovarik CL, Cox CM, Dittmer DP, Ahmed S, Schutze GE, Scheurer ME, Kazembe PN, Mehta PS
- Issue date: 2016
- Excellent clinical outcomes and retention in care for adults with HIV-associated Kaposi sarcoma treated with systemic chemotherapy and integrated antiretroviral therapy in rural Malawi.
- Authors: Herce ME, Kalanga N, Wroe EB, Keck JW, Chingoli F, Tengatenga L, Gopal S, Phiri A, Mailosi B, Bazile J, Beste JA, Elmore SN, Crocker JT, Rigodon J
- Issue date: 2015
- Treatment outcomes of AIDS-associated Kaposi's sarcoma under a routine antiretroviral therapy program in Lilongwe, Malawi: bleomycin/vincristine compared to vincristine monotherapy.
- Authors: Mwafongo AA, Rosenberg NE, Ng'ambi W, Werner AB, Garneau WM, Gumulira J, Phiri S, Hosseinipour MC
- Issue date: 2014