A large outbreak of Hepatitis E virus genotype 1 infection in an urban setting in Chad likely linked to household level transmission factors, 2016-2017.
de Jong, M
Ngueremi Yary, R
Mahamat Ali, A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn September 2016, three acutely jaundiced (AJS) pregnant women were admitted to Am Timan Hospital, eastern Chad. We described the outbreak and conducted a case test-negative study to identify risk factors for this genotype of HEV in an acute outbreak setting.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Seroprevalence and risk factors of recent infection with hepatitis E virus during an acute outbreak in an urban setting in Chad, 2017.
- Authors: Vernier L, Lenglet A, Hogema BM, Moussa AM, Ariti C, Vollmer S, Irwin A, Alfani P, Sang S, Kamau C
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 26
- First documented outbreak of hepatitis E virus transmission in Java, Indonesia.
- Authors: Sedyaningsih-Mamahit ER, Larasati RP, Laras K, Sidemen A, Sukri N, Sabaruddin N, Didi S, Saragih JM, Myint KS, Endy TP, Sulaiman A, Campbell JR, Corwin AL
- Issue date: 2002 Jul-Aug
- Risk Factors Associated with Blood Exposure for Sporadic Hepatitis E in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Authors: Sazzad HMS, Luby SP, Labrique AB, Kamili S, Hayden TM, Kamili NA, Teo CG, Gurley ES
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- An outbreak of hepatitis E in an urban area of Bangladesh.
- Authors: Haque F, Banu SS, Ara K, Chowdhury IA, Chowdhury SA, Kamili S, Rahman M, Luby SP
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Evidence of person-to-person transmission of hepatitis E virus during a large outbreak in Northern Uganda.
- Authors: Teshale EH, Grytdal SP, Howard C, Barry V, Kamili S, Drobeniuc J, Hill VR, Okware S, Hu DJ, Holmberg SD
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 1