Evaluation of the Deki Reader™, an automated RDT reader and data management device, in a household survey setting in low malaria endemic southwestern Uganda
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEarly diagnosis of suspected malaria cases with a rapid diagnostic test (RDT) has been shown to be an effective malaria control tool used in many resource-constrained settings. However, poor quality control and quality assurance hinder the accurate reporting of malaria diagnoses. Recent use of a portable, battery operated RDT reader (Deki Reader™, Fio Corporation) has shown to have high agreement with visual inspection across diverse health centre settings, however evidence of its feasibility and usability during cross sectional surveys are limited. This study aimed to evaluate the performance of the Deki Reader™ in a cross-sectional survey of children from southwestern Uganda.
- Comparison of visual and automated Deki Reader interpretation of malaria rapid diagnostic tests in rural Tanzanian military health facilities.
- Authors: Kalinga AK, Mwanziva C, Chiduo S, Mswanya C, Ishengoma DI, Francis F, Temu L, Mahikwano L, Mgata S, Amoo G, Anova L, Wurrapa E, Zwingerman N, Ferro S, Bhat G, Fine I, Vesely B, Waters N, Kreishman-Deitrick M, Hickman M, Paris R, Kamau E, Ohrt C, Kavishe RA
- Issue date: 2018 May 29
- Clinical performance of an automated reader in interpreting malaria rapid diagnostic tests in Tanzania.
- Authors: Shekalaghe S, Cancino M, Mavere C, Juma O, Mohammed A, Abdulla S, Ferro S
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 24
- The role of the Deki Reader™ in malaria diagnosis, treatment and reporting: findings from an Africare pilot project in Nigeria.
- Authors: Adah P, Maduka O, Obasi O, Doherty O, Oguntoye S, Seadon K, Jalon O, Zwingerman N, Uhomoibhi P
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 1
- Field evaluation of an automated RDT reader and data management device for Plasmodium falciparum/Plasmodium vivax malaria in endemic areas of Colombia.
- Authors: Herrera S, Vallejo AF, Quintero JP, Arévalo-Herrera M, Cancino M, Ferro S
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 10
- Continuous quality monitoring in the field: an evaluation of the performance of the Fio Deki Reader™ for rapid HIV testing in South Africa.
- Authors: Noble L, Scott L, Stewart-Isherwood L, Molifi SJ, Sanne I, Da Silva P, Stevens W
- Issue date: 2020 May 4