Improving mapping for Ebola response through mobilising a local community with self-owned smartphones: Tonkolili District, Sierra Leone, January 2015
AuthorsNic Lochlainn, LM
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDuring the 2014-16 Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak, the Magburaka Ebola Management Centre (EMC) operated by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Tonkolili District, Sierra Leone, identified that available district maps lacked up-to-date village information to facilitate timely implementation of EVD control strategies. In January 2015, we undertook a survey in chiefdoms within the MSF EMC catchment area to collect mapping and village data. We explore the feasibility and cost to mobilise a local community for this survey, describe validation against existing mapping sources and use of the data to prioritise areas for interventions, and lessons learned.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Ebola management centre proximity associated with reduced delays of healthcare of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) patients, Tonkolili, Sierra Leone, 2014-15.
- Authors: Theocharopoulos G, Danis K, Greig J, Hoffmann A, De Valk H, Jimissa A, Tejan S, Sankoh M, Kleijer K, Turner W, Achar J, Duncombe J, Lokuge K, Gayton I, Broeder R, Kremer R, Caleo G
- Issue date: 2017
- Successful Control of Ebola Virus Disease: Analysis of Service Based Data from Rural Sierra Leone.
- Authors: Lokuge K, Caleo G, Greig J, Duncombe J, McWilliam N, Squire J, Lamin M, Veltus E, Wolz A, Kobinger G, de la Vega MA, Gbabai O, Nabieu S, Lamin M, Kremer R, Danis K, Banks E, Glass K
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Evaluation of Ebola virus disease surveillance system in Tonkolili District, Sierra Leone.
- Authors: Ilesanmi OS, Fawole O, Nguku P, Oladimeji A, Nwenyi O
- Issue date: 2019
- The factors affecting household transmission dynamics and community compliance with Ebola control measures: a mixed-methods study in a rural village in Sierra Leone.
- Authors: Caleo G, Duncombe J, Jephcott F, Lokuge K, Mills C, Looijen E, Theoharaki F, Kremer R, Kleijer K, Squire J, Lamin M, Stringer B, Weiss HA, Culli D, Di Tanna GL, Greig J
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 13
- Notes from The Field: Ebola Virus Disease Cluster - Northern Sierra Leone, January 2016.
- Authors: Alpren C, Sloan M, Boegler KA, Martin DW, Ervin E, Washburn F, Rickert R, Singh T, Redd JT, Interagency Investigation Team.
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 8