Alarming prevalence and clustering of Modifiable Noncommunicable Disease risk factors among adults in Bhutan: a nationwide cross-sectional community survey
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Public Health
AbstractBhutan is currently facing a double burden of non-communicable (NCDs) and communicable diseases, with rising trends of NCDs. The 2014 STEPS survey identified high prevalence of several NCD risk factors; however, associations with socio-demographic characteristics as well as clustering of risk factors were not assessed. This study aimed to determine the distribution and clustering of modifiable NCD risk factors among adults in Bhutan and their demographic and social determinants.
- The Burden and Determinants of Non Communicable Diseases Risk Factors in Nepal: Findings from a Nationwide STEPS Survey.
- Authors: Aryal KK, Mehata S, Neupane S, Vaidya A, Dhimal M, Dhakal P, Rana S, Bhusal CL, Lohani GR, Paulin FH, Garg RM, Guthold R, Cowan M, Riley LM, Karki KB
- Issue date: 2015
- Current tobacco use and its associated factors among adults in a country with comprehensive ban on tobacco: findings from the nationally representative STEPS survey, Bhutan, 2014.
- Authors: Gurung MS, Pelzom D, Dorji T, Drukpa W, Wangdi C, Chinnakali P, Goel S
- Issue date: 2016
- Individual and household level factors associated with presence of multiple non-communicable disease risk factors in Kenyan adults.
- Authors: Wekesah FM, Nyanjau L, Kibachio J, Mutua MK, Mohamed SF, Grobbee DE, Klipstein-Grobusch K, Ngaruiya C, Haregu TN, Asiki G, Kyobutungi CK
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 7
- The prevalence and associated factors of non-communicable disease risk factors among civil servants in Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Authors: Olawuyi AT, Adeoye IA
- Issue date: 2018
- Burden of cumulative risk factors associated with non-communicable diseases among adults in Uganda: evidence from a national baseline survey.
- Authors: Wesonga R, Guwatudde D, Bahendeka SK, Mutungi G, Nabugoomu F, Muwonge J
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 1