Higher Art Adherence is Associated with Lower Systemic Inflammation in Treatment-Naïve Ugandans Who Achieve Virologic Suppression
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractResidual systemic inflammation persists despite suppressive antiretroviral therapy (ART) and is associated with non-AIDS clinical outcomes. We aimed to evaluate the association between ART adherence and inflammation in Ugandans living with HIV who were predominantly receiving nevirapine-based ART with a thymidine analog backbone and were virologically suppressed by conventional assays.
DescriptionWe regret that this article is behind a paywall.
- Brief Report: Changes in Levels of Inflammation After Antiretroviral Treatment During Early HIV Infection in AIDS Clinical Trials Group Study A5217.
- Authors: Macatangay BJ, Yang M, Sun X, Morton J, De Gruttola V, Little S, Hogan C, Rinaldo CR, A5217 Team.
- Issue date: 2017 May 1
- Immunologic Pathways That Predict Mortality in HIV-Infected Ugandans Initiating Antiretroviral Therapy.
- Authors: Lee S, Byakwaga H, Boum Y, Burdo TH, Williams KC, Lederman MM, Huang Y, Tracy RP, Cao H, Haberer JE, Kembabazi A, Bangsberg DR, Martin JN, Hunt PW
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 15
- Baseline Inflammatory Biomarkers Identify Subgroups of HIV-Infected African Children With Differing Responses to Antiretroviral Therapy.
- Authors: Prendergast AJ, Szubert AJ, Berejena C, Pimundu G, Pala P, Shonhai A, Musiime V, Bwakura-Dangarembizi M, Poulsom H, Hunter P, Musoke P, Kihembo M, Munderi P, Gibb DM, Spyer M, Walker AS, Klein N, ARROW Trial Team.
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 15
- Predictors of virologic response in persons who start antiretroviral therapy during recent HIV infection.
- Authors: Karris MY, Kao YT, Patel D, Dawson M, Woods SP, Vaida F, Spina C, Richman D, Little S, Smith DM
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 27
- Oxidized lipoproteins are associated with markers of inflammation and immune activation in HIV-1 infection.
- Authors: Kelesidis T, Jackson N, McComsey GA, Wang X, Elashoff D, Dube MP, Brown TT, Yang OO, Stein JH, Currier JS
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 13