Higher Art Adherence is Associated with Lower Systemic Inflammation in Treatment-Naïve Ugandans Who Achieve Virologic Suppression
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractResidual systemic inflammation persists despite suppressive antiretroviral therapy (ART) and is associated with non-AIDS clinical outcomes. We aimed to evaluate the association between ART adherence and inflammation in Ugandans living with HIV who were predominantly receiving nevirapine-based ART with a thymidine analog backbone and were virologically suppressed by conventional assays.
DescriptionWe regret that this article is behind a paywall.
- Antiretroviral Therapy Adherence Interruptions Are Associated With Systemic Inflammation Among Ugandans Who Achieved Viral Suppression.
- Authors: Musinguzi N, Castillo-Mancilla J, Morrow M, Byakwaga H, Mawhinney S, Burdo TH, Boum Y, Muzoora C, Bwana BM, Siedner MJ, Martin JN, Hunt PW, Bangsberg DR, Haberer JE
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 1
- Brief Report: Changes in Levels of Inflammation After Antiretroviral Treatment During Early HIV Infection in AIDS Clinical Trials Group Study A5217.
- Authors: Macatangay BJ, Yang M, Sun X, Morton J, De Gruttola V, Little S, Hogan C, Rinaldo CR, A5217 Team.
- Issue date: 2017 May 1
- Incomplete ART adherence is associated with higher inflammation in individuals who achieved virologic suppression in the START study.
- Authors: Castillo-Mancilla JR, Phillips AN, Neaton JD, Neuhaus J, Sharma S, Baker JV, Collins S, Mannheimer S, Pett S, Touzeau-Römer V, Polizzotto MN, Lundgren JD, Gardner EM, INSIGHT START Study Group.
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Immunologic Pathways That Predict Mortality in HIV-Infected Ugandans Initiating Antiretroviral Therapy.
- Authors: Lee S, Byakwaga H, Boum Y, Burdo TH, Williams KC, Lederman MM, Huang Y, Tracy RP, Cao H, Haberer JE, Kembabazi A, Bangsberg DR, Martin JN, Hunt PW
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 15
- Inflammatory biomarkers prior to antiretroviral therapy as prognostic markers of 12-month mortality in South Africa and Uganda.
- Authors: Siedner MJ, Bwana MB, Asiimwe S, Musinguzi N, Castillo-Mancilla J, Amanyire G, Tracy RP, Bangsberg DR, Orrell C, Haberer JE, META Study Investigators.
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 1