Seasonal variations in tuberculosis diagnosis among HIV-positive individuals in Southern Africa: analysis of cohort studies at antiretroviral treatment programmes
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSeasonal variations in tuberculosis diagnoses have been attributed to seasonal climatic changes and indoor crowding during colder winter months. We investigated trends in pulmonary tuberculosis (PTB) diagnosis at antiretroviral therapy (ART) programmes in Southern Africa.
PublisherBMJ Publishing Group
- Incidence rate of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy in Southern Africa: a prospective multicohort study.
- Authors: Rohner E, Valeri F, Maskew M, Prozesky H, Rabie H, Garone D, Dickinson D, Chimbetete C, Lumano-Mulenga P, Sikazwe I, Wyss N, Clough-Gorr KM, Egger M, Chi BH, Bohlius J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 15
- Kaposi's Sarcoma in HIV-infected patients in South Africa: Multicohort study in the antiretroviral therapy era.
- Authors: Bohlius J, Valeri F, Maskew M, Prozesky H, Garone D, Sengayi M, Fox MP, Davies MA, Egger M
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 1
- Diagnosis and clinical outcomes of extrapulmonary tuberculosis in antiretroviral therapy programmes in low- and middle-income countries: a multicohort study.
- Authors: Zürcher K, Ballif M, Kiertiburanakul S, Chenal H, Yotebieng M, Grinsztejn B, Michael D, Sterling TR, Ngonyani KM, Mandalakas AM, Egger M, Pettit AC, Fenner L, International Epidemiology Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA) consortium.
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Comparison of Kaposi Sarcoma Risk in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Positive Adults Across 5 Continents: A Multiregional Multicohort Study.
- Authors: AIDS-defining Cancer Project Working Group for IeDEA and COHERE in EuroCoord .
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 15
- Prevalent and incident tuberculosis are independent risk factors for mortality among patients accessing antiretroviral therapy in South Africa.
- Authors: Gupta A, Wood R, Kaplan R, Bekker LG, Lawn SD
- Issue date: 2013