Closing in on the Reservoir: Proactive Case Detection in High-Risk Groups as a Strategy to Detect Plasmodium falciparum Asymptomatic Carriers in Cambodia
Van den Bergh, Rafael
Abello Peiri, Carme
De Smet, Martin
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
AbstractIn the frame of elimination strategies of Plasmodium falciparum (Pf), active case detection has been recommended as complementary approach to the existing passive case detection programs. We trialed a polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based active detection strategy targeting asymptomatic individuals, named proactive case detection (PACD), with the aim of assessing its feasibility, the extra yield of Pf infections, and the at-risk population for Pf carriage status.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Assessing the asymptomatic reservoir and dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine effectiveness in a low transmission setting threatened by artemisinin resistant Plasmodium falciparum.
- Authors: Falq G, Van Den Bergh R, De Smet M, Etienne W, Nguon C, Rekol H, Imwong M, Dondorp A, Kindermans JM
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 1
- Reactive case-detection of malaria in Pailin Province, Western Cambodia: lessons from a year-long evaluation in a pre-elimination setting.
- Authors: Hustedt J, Canavati SE, Rang C, Ashton RA, Khim N, Berne L, Kim S, Sovannaroth S, Ly P, Ménard D, Cox J, Meek S, Roca-Feltrer A
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 1
- Malaria risk factor assessment using active and passive surveillance data from Aceh Besar, Indonesia, a low endemic, malaria elimination setting with Plasmodium knowlesi, Plasmodium vivax, and Plasmodium falciparum.
- Authors: Herdiana H, Cotter C, Coutrier FN, Zarlinda I, Zelman BW, Tirta YK, Greenhouse B, Gosling RD, Baker P, Whittaker M, Hsiang MS
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 13
- Plasmodium prevalence and artemisinin-resistant falciparum malaria in Preah Vihear Province, Cambodia: a cross-sectional population-based study.
- Authors: Bosman P, Stassijns J, Nackers F, Canier L, Kim N, Khim S, Alipon SC, Chuor Char M, Chea N, Dysoley L, Van den Bergh R, Etienne W, De Smet M, Ménard D, Kindermans JM
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 6
- Submicroscopic Plasmodium prevalence in relation to malaria incidence in 20 villages in western Cambodia.
- Authors: Tripura R, Peto TJ, Veugen CC, Nguon C, Davoeung C, James N, Dhorda M, Maude RJ, Duanguppama J, Patumrat K, Imwong M, von Seidlein L, Grobusch MP, White NJ, Dondorp AM
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 31