HIV-associated Kaposi's sarcoma in Maputo, Mozambique: outcomes in a specialized treatment center, 2010-2015
Toutous Trellu, L
MetadataShow full item record
JournalInfectious Agents and Cancer
AbstractKaposi's sarcoma (KS) is a common HIV-associated malignancy associated with disability, pain and poor outcomes. The cornerstone of its treatment is antiretroviral therapy, but advanced disease necessitates the addition of chemotherapy. In high-income settings, this often consists of liposomal anthracyclines, but in Mozambique, the first line includes conventional doxorubicin, bleomycin and vincristine, which is poorly-tolerated. Médecins Sans Frontières supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in a specialized HIV and KS treatment center at the Centro de Referencia de Alto Maé in Maputo.
- Assessing the outcomes of HIV-infected persons receiving treatment for Kaposi sarcoma in Conakry-Guinea.
- Authors: Bekolo CE, Soumah MM, Tiemtore OW, Diallo A, Yuma JD, Di Stefano L, Metcalf C, Cisse M
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 2
- Chemotherapy for AIDS-related and endemic African Kaposi's sarcoma in southern Africa.
- Authors: Stein ME, Lachter J, Spencer D, Bezwoda WR
- Issue date: 1995 Oct
- Treatment outcomes of AIDS-associated Kaposi's sarcoma under a routine antiretroviral therapy program in Lilongwe, Malawi: bleomycin/vincristine compared to vincristine monotherapy.
- Authors: Mwafongo AA, Rosenberg NE, Ng'ambi W, Werner AB, Garneau WM, Gumulira J, Phiri S, Hosseinipour MC
- Issue date: 2014
- Pegylated-liposomal doxorubicin versus doxorubicin, bleomycin, and vincristine in the treatment of AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma: results of a randomized phase III clinical trial.
- Authors: Northfelt DW, Dezube BJ, Thommes JA, Miller BJ, Fischl MA, Friedman-Kien A, Kaplan LD, Du Mond C, Mamelok RD, Henry DH
- Issue date: 1998 Jul
- Randomized comparative trial of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin versus bleomycin and vincristine in the treatment of AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma. International Pegylated Liposomal Doxorubicin Study Group.
- Authors: Stewart S, Jablonowski H, Goebel FD, Arasteh K, Spittle M, Rios A, Aboulafia D, Galleshaw J, Dezube BJ
- Issue date: 1998 Feb