Provision of emergency obstetric care at secondary level in a conflict setting in a rural area of Afghanistan - is the hospital fulfilling its role?
Van Overloop, C
De Plecker, E
Van den Bergh, R
MetadataShow full item record
JournalConflict and Health
AbstractProvision of Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care (EmONC) reduces maternal mortality and should include three components: Basic Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care (BEmONC) offered at primary care level, Comprehensive EmONC (CEmONC) at secondary level and a good referral system in-between. In a conflict-affected province of Afghanistan (Khost), we assessed the performance of an Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) run CEmONC hospital without a primary care and referral system. Performance was assessed in terms of hospital utilisation for obstetric emergencies and quality of obstetric care.
- Emergency obstetric and neonatal care availability, use, and quality: a cross-sectional study in the city of Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 2011.
- Authors: Ntambue AM, Malonga FK, Cowgill KD, Dramaix-Wilmet M, Donnen P
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 19
- Quality of caesarean delivery services and documentation in first-line referral facilities in Afghanistan: a chart review.
- Authors: Kim YM, Tappis H, Zainullah P, Ansari N, Evans C, Bartlett L, Zaka N, Zeck W
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 15
- Evaluation of emergency obstetric and neonatal care services in Kumba Health District, Southwest region, Cameroon (2011-2014): a before-after study.
- Authors: Kadia RS, Kadia BM, Dimala CA, Aroke D, Vogue N, Kenfack B
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 11
- Availability and quality of emergency obstetric and neonatal care services in Afghanistan.
- Authors: Kim YM, Zainullah P, Mungia J, Tappis H, Bartlett L, Zaka N
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- An ambulance referral network improves access to emergency obstetric and neonatal care in a district of rural Burundi with high maternal mortality.
- Authors: Tayler-Smith K, Zachariah R, Manzi M, Van den Boogaard W, Nyandwi G, Reid T, De Plecker E, Lambert V, Nicolai M, Goetghebuer S, Christiaens B, Ndelema B, Kabangu A, Manirampa J, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2013 Aug