Early safety and efficacy of the combination of bedaquiline and delamanid for the treatment of patients with drug-resistant tuberculosis in Armenia, India, and South Africa: a retrospective cohort study
De Avezedo, V
MetadataShow full item record
JournalThe Lancet. Infectious Diseases
AbstractBedaquiline and delamanid have been approved for treatment of multidrug-resistant (MDR) tuberculosis in the past 5 years. Because of theoretical safety concerns, patients have been unable to access the two drugs in combination. Médecins Sans Frontières has supported the use of combination bedaquiline and delamanid for people with few treatment options since 2016. We describe early safety and efficacy of regimens containing the bedaquiline and delamanid combination in patients with drug-resistant tuberculosis in Yerevan, Armenia; Mumbai, India; and Khayelitsha, South Africa.
- Combined Use of Delamanid and Bedaquiline to Treat Multidrug-Resistant and Extensively Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis: A Systematic Review.
- Authors: Migliori GB, Pontali E, Sotgiu G, Centis R, D'Ambrosio L, Tiberi S, Tadolini M, Esposito S
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 7
- Bedaquiline and Delamanid Combination Treatment of 5 Patients with Pulmonary Extensively Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis.
- Authors: Maryandyshev A, Pontali E, Tiberi S, Akkerman O, Ganatra S, Sadutshang TD, Alffenaar JW, Amale R, Mullerpattan J, Topgyal S, Udwadia ZF, Centis R, D'Ambrosio L, Sotgiu G, Migliori GB
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Use of bedaquiline and delamanid in diabetes patients: clinical and pharmacological considerations.
- Authors: Hu M, Zheng C, Gao F
- Issue date: 2016
- Bedaquiline and delamanid in the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis: Promising but challenging.
- Authors: Li Y, Sun F, Zhang W
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Bedaquiline and delamanid in combination for treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Authors: Mohr E, Ferlazzo G, Hewison C, De Azevedo V, Isaakidis P
- Issue date: 2019 May