Infectious Disease Risk and Vaccination in Northern Syria after 5 Years of Civil War: The MSF Experience
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn 2015, following an influx of population into Kobanê in northern Syria, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in collaboration with the Kobanê Health Administration (KHA) initiated primary healthcare activities. A vaccination coverage survey and vaccine-preventable disease (VPD) risk analysis were undertaken to clarify the VPD risk and vaccination needs. This was followed by a measles Supplementary Immunization Activity (SIA). We describe the methods and results used for this prioritisation activity around vaccination in Kobanê in 2015.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Impact of war on child health in northern Syria: the experience of Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Authors: Meiqari L, Hoetjes M, Baxter L, Lenglet A
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Proportion of children aged 9-59 months reached by the 2017 measles supplementary immunization activity among the children with or without history of measles vaccination in Lilongwe district, Malawi.
- Authors: Kainga HW, Ssendagire S, Ssanyu JN, Nabukeera S, Namuhani N, Mangen FW
- Issue date: 2021
- Measles and rubella vaccination coverage in Haiti, 2012: progress towards verifying and challenges to maintaining measles and rubella elimination.
- Authors: Tohme RA, François J, Wannemuehler K, Magloire R, Danovaro-Holliday MC, Flannery B, Cavallaro KF, Fitter DL, Purcell N, Dismer A, Tappero JW, Vertefeuille JF, Hyde TB
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Field challenges to measles elimination in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Authors: Coulborn RM, Nackers F, Bachy C, Porten K, Vochten H, Ndele E, Van Herp M, Bibala-Faray E, Cohuet S, Panunzi I
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 17
- Measles supplemental immunization activities improve measles vaccine coverage and equity: Evidence from Kenya, 2002.
- Authors: Vijayaraghavan M, Martin RM, Sangrujee N, Kimani GN, Oyombe S, Kalu A, Runyago A, Wanjau G, Cairns L, Muchiri SN
- Issue date: 2007 Sep