Pharmacokinetics of efavirenz in patients on antituberculosis treatment in high HIV and tuberculosis burden countries: a systematic review
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEfavirenz (EFV) and Rifampicin-Isoniazid (RH) are cornerstone drugs in HIV-tuberculosis (TB) co-infection treatment but with complex drug interactions, efficacy and safety challenges. We reviewed recent data on EFV and RH interaction in TB/HIV high-burden countries.
- CYP2B6*6, CYP2B6*18, Body weight and sex are predictors of efavirenz pharmacokinetics and treatment response: population pharmacokinetic modeling in an HIV/AIDS and TB cohort in Zimbabwe.
- Authors: Dhoro M, Zvada S, Ngara B, Nhachi C, Kadzirange G, Chonzi P, Masimirembwa C
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 27
- Long-Term Effect of Rifampicin-Based Anti-TB Regimen Coadministration on the Pharmacokinetic Parameters of Efavirenz and 8-Hydroxy-Efavirenz in Ethiopian Patients.
- Authors: Habtewold A, Aklillu E, Makonnen E, Amogne W, Yimer G, Aderaye G, Bertilsson L, Owen JS, Burhenne J
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Efavirenz dosing: influence of drug metabolizing enzyme polymorphisms and concurrent tuberculosis treatment.
- Authors: Gengiah TN, Botha JH, Yende-Zuma N, Naidoo K, Abdool Karim SS
- Issue date: 2015
- Efavirenz, tenofovir and emtricitabine combined with first-line tuberculosis treatment in tuberculosis-HIV-coinfected Tanzanian patients: a pharmacokinetic and safety study.
- Authors: Semvua HH, Mtabho CM, Fillekes Q, van den Boogaard J, Kisonga RM, Mleoh L, Ndaro A, Kisanga ER, van der Ven A, Aarnoutse RE, Kibiki GS, Boeree MJ, Burger DM
- Issue date: 2013
- CYP2B6 genotype-based efavirenz dose recommendations during rifampicin-based antituberculosis cotreatment for a sub-Saharan Africa population.
- Authors: Mukonzo JK, Bisaso RK, Ogwal-Okeng J, Gustafsson LL, Owen JS, Aklillu E
- Issue date: 2016 Apr