A Nosocomial Outbreak of Clinical Sepsis in a Neonatal Care Unit (NCU) in Port-Au-Prince Haiti, July 2014 - September 2015
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBetween July 2014 and September 2015, a neonatal care unit (NCU) in Port Au Prince, Haiti, experienced an outbreak of sepsis, most probably due to nosocomial transmission of Extended Beta Lactamase (ESBL) producing gram negative bacteria, included Klebsiella pneumoniae.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Prompt control of an outbreak caused by extended-spectrum β-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in a neonatal intensive care unit.
- Authors: Cantey JB, Sreeramoju P, Jaleel M, Treviño S, Gander R, Hynan LS, Hill J, Brown C, Chung W, Siegel JD, Sánchez PJ
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Successful control of a neonatal outbreak caused mainly by ST20 multidrug-resistant SHV-5-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae, Greece.
- Authors: Mavroidi A, Liakopoulos A, Gounaris A, Goudesidou M, Gaitana K, Miriagou V, Petinaki E
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 17
- Risk factors for acquisition of CTX-M-15 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae during an outbreak in a neonatal intensive care unit in Norway.
- Authors: Rettedal S, Høyland Löhr I, Natås O, Sundsfjord A, Øymar K
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Trends in antibiotic susceptibility and incidence of late-onset Klebsiella pneumoniae neonatal sepsis over a six-year period in a neonatal intensive care unit in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Authors: Saleem AF, Qamar FN, Shahzad H, Qadir M, Zaidi AK
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Nosocomial outbreak due to extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase- producing Enterobacter cloacae in a cardiothoracic intensive care unit.
- Authors: Manzur A, Tubau F, Pujol M, Calatayud L, Dominguez MA, Peña C, Sora M, Gudiol F, Ariza J
- Issue date: 2007 Aug