Multidisease testing for HIV and TB using the GeneXpert platform: A feasibility study in rural Zimbabwe
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHIV Viral Load and Early Infant Diagnosis technologies in many high burden settings are restricted to centralized laboratory testing, leading to long result turnaround times and patient attrition. GeneXpert (Cepheid, CA, USA) is a polyvalent near point-of-care platform and is widely implemented for Xpert MTB/RIF diagnosis. This study sought to evaluate the operational feasibility of integrated HIV VL, EID and MTB/RIF testing in new GeneXpert platforms.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Field evaluation of near point of care Cepheid GeneXpert HIV-1 Qual for early infant diagnosis.
- Authors: Opollo VS, Nikuze A, Ben-Farhat J, Anyango E, Humwa F, Oyaro B, Wanjala S, Omwoyo W, Majiwa M, Akelo V, Zeh C, Maman D
- Issue date: 2018
- Options to Expand HIV Viral Load Testing in South Africa: Evaluation of the GeneXpert® HIV-1 Viral Load Assay.
- Authors: Gous N, Scott L, Berrie L, Stevens W
- Issue date: 2016
- Economic and public health impact of decentralized HIV viral load testing: A modelling study in Kenya.
- Authors: de Necker M, de Beer JC, Stander MP, Connell CD, Mwai D
- Issue date: 2019
- Peripheral clinic versus centralized laboratory-based Xpert MTB/RIF performance: Experience gained from a pragmatic, stepped-wedge trial in Botswana.
- Authors: Agizew T, Boyd R, Ndwapi N, Auld A, Basotli J, Nyirenda S, Tedla Z, Mathoma A, Mathebula U, Lesedi C, Pals S, Date A, Alexander H, Kuebrich T, Finlay A
- Issue date: 2017
- Systematic review of the performance and clinical utility of point of care HIV-1 RNA testing for diagnosis and care.
- Authors: Agutu CA, Ngetsa CJ, Price MA, Rinke de Wit TF, Omosa-Manyonyi G, Sanders EJ, Graham SM
- Issue date: 2019