The epidemiology of adolescents living with perinatally acquired HIV: A cross-region global cohort analysis
Van Dyke, R
Q Mohapi, E
N Kazembe, P
van Rossum, A
Le Coeur, S
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGlobally, the population of adolescents living with perinatally acquired HIV (APHs) continues to expand. In this study, we pooled data from observational pediatric HIV cohorts and cohort networks, allowing comparisons of adolescents with perinatally acquired HIV in "real-life" settings across multiple regions. We describe the geographic and temporal characteristics and mortality outcomes of APHs across multiple regions, including South America and the Caribbean, North America, Europe, sub-Saharan Africa, and South and Southeast Asia.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Inequality in outcomes for adolescents living with perinatally acquired HIV in sub-Saharan Africa: a Collaborative Initiative for Paediatric HIV Education and Research (CIPHER) Cohort Collaboration analysis.
- Authors: CIPHER Global Cohort Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Access to antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected children aged 0-19 years in the International Epidemiology Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA) Global Cohort Consortium, 2004-2015: A prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Desmonde S, Tanser F, Vreeman R, Takassi E, Edmonds A, Lumbiganon P, Pinto J, Malateste K, McGowan C, Kariminia A, Yotebieng M, Dicko F, Yiannoutsos C, Mubiana-Mbewe M, Wools-Kaloustian K, Davies MA, Leroy V, International Epidemiology Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA) Pediatric Working Group.
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Global estimates of HIV infections and AIDS cases: 1991.
- Authors: Chin J
- Issue date: 1991
- Mortality in patients with HIV-1 infection starting antiretroviral therapy in South Africa, Europe, or North America: a collaborative analysis of prospective studies.
- Authors: Boulle A, Schomaker M, May MT, Hogg RS, Shepherd BE, Monge S, Keiser O, Lampe FC, Giddy J, Ndirangu J, Garone D, Fox M, Ingle SM, Reiss P, Dabis F, Costagliola D, Castagna A, Ehren K, Campbell C, Gill MJ, Saag M, Justice AC, Guest J, Crane HM, Egger M, Sterne JA
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Incidence of switching to second-line antiretroviral therapy and associated factors in children with HIV: an international cohort collaboration.
- Authors: Collaborative Initiative for Paediatric HIV Education and Research (CIPHER) Global Cohort Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2019 Feb