Mapping the burden of cholera in sub-Saharan Africa and implications for control: an analysis of data across geographical scales
MetadataShow full item record
JournalLancet (London, England)
AbstractCholera remains a persistent health problem in sub-Saharan Africa and worldwide. Cholera can be controlled through appropriate water and sanitation, or by oral cholera vaccination, which provides transient (∼3 years) protection, although vaccine supplies remain scarce. We aimed to map cholera burden in sub-Saharan Africa and assess how geographical targeting could lead to more efficient interventions.
- Cholera outbreaks in Africa.
- Authors: Mengel MA, Delrieu I, Heyerdahl L, Gessner BD
- Issue date: 2014
- Cholera: a new homeland in Africa?
- Authors: Gaffga NH, Tauxe RV, Mintz ED
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Spatial distribution of schistosomiasis and treatment needs in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review and geostatistical analysis.
- Authors: Lai YS, Biedermann P, Ekpo UF, Garba A, Mathieu E, Midzi N, Mwinzi P, N'Goran EK, Raso G, Assaré RK, Sacko M, Schur N, Talla I, Tchuenté LA, Touré S, Winkler MS, Utzinger J, Vounatsou P
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Effectiveness of an oral cholera vaccine in Zanzibar: findings from a mass vaccination campaign and observational cohort study.
- Authors: Khatib AM, Ali M, von Seidlein L, Kim DR, Hashim R, Reyburn R, Ley B, Thriemer K, Enwere G, Hutubessy R, Aguado MT, Kieny MP, Lopez AL, Wierzba TF, Ali SM, Saleh AA, Mukhopadhyay AK, Clemens J, Jiddawi MS, Deen J
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- Mapping the global prevalence, incidence, and mortality of Plasmodium falciparum, 2000-17: a spatial and temporal modelling study.
- Authors: Weiss DJ, Lucas TCD, Nguyen M, Nandi AK, Bisanzio D, Battle KE, Cameron E, Twohig KA, Pfeffer DA, Rozier JA, Gibson HS, Rao PC, Casey D, Bertozzi-Villa A, Collins EL, Dalrymple U, Gray N, Harris JR, Howes RE, Kang SY, Keddie SH, May D, Rumisha S, Thorn MP, Barber R, Fullman N, Huynh CK, Kulikoff X, Kutz MJ, Lopez AD, Mokdad AH, Naghavi M, Nguyen G, Shackelford KA, Vos T, Wang H, Smith DL, Lim SS, Murray CJL, Bhatt S, Hay SI, Gething PW
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 27