Safety and effectiveness of short-course AmBisome in the treatment of Post-Kala-azar Dermal Leishmaniasis (PKDL): a prospective cohort study in Bangladesh
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
AbstractA safe and effective short-course treatment regimen for Post Kala Azar Dermal Leishmaniasis (PKDL) is considered essential for achieving and sustaining elimination of visceral leishmaniasis (VL) in the Indian subcontinent.(1, 2) Here, single dose liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) has been adopted as a first line regimen for VL; however the effectiveness and safety of AmBisome for PKDL has not been formally evaluated.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Post Kala-Azar dermal leishmaniasis following treatment with 20 mg/kg liposomal amphotericin B (Ambisome) for primary visceral leishmaniasis in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Burza S, Sinha PK, Mahajan R, Sanz MG, Lima MA, Mitra G, Verma N, Das P
- Issue date: 2014
- Safety and efficacy of short course combination regimens with AmBisome, miltefosine and paromomycin for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis (VL) in Bangladesh.
- Authors: Rahman R, Goyal V, Haque R, Jamil K, Faiz A, Samad R, Ellis S, Balasegaram M, Boer MD, Rijal S, Strub-Wourgaft N, Alves F, Alvar J, Sharma B
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Using focused pharmacovigilance for ensuring patient safety against antileishmanial drugs in Bangladesh's National Kala-azar Elimination Programme.
- Authors: Hossain MS, Kumar A, Hossain AFMA, Mahshin M, Sharma A, Hossain MA, Sharma V, Haque R, Shamsuzzaman AKM, Maruf S, Ghosh P, Ahuja V, Mondal D
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 13
- Efficacy of liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) in the treatment of persistent post-kala-azar dermal leishmaniasis (PKDL).
- Authors: Musa AM, Khalil EA, Mahgoub FA, Hamad S, Elkadaru AM, El Hassan AM
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Efficacy and safety of liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) for visceral leishmaniasis in endemic developing countries.
- Authors: Berman JD, Badaro R, Thakur CP, Wasunna KM, Behbehani K, Davidson R, Kuzoe F, Pang L, Weerasuriya K, Bryceson AD
- Issue date: 1998