Inter-rater and intrarater reliability of the South African Triage Scale in low-resource settings of Haiti and Afghanistan
MetadataShow full item record
JournalEmergency Medicine Journal: EMJ
AbstractThe South African Triage Scale (SATS) has demonstrated good validity in the EDs of Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)-supported sites in Afghanistan and Haiti; however, corresponding reliability in these settings has not yet been reported on. This study set out to assess the inter-rater and intrarater reliability of the SATS in four MSF-supported EDs in Afghanistan and Haiti (two trauma-only EDs and two mixed (including both medical and trauma cases) EDs).
PublisherBMJ Publishing Group
- Reliability and accuracy of the South African Triage Scale when used by nurses in the emergency department of Timergara Hospital, Pakistan.
- Authors: Dalwai MK, Twomey M, Maikere J, Said S, Wakeel M, Jemmy JP, Valles P, Tayler-Smith K, Wallis L, Zachariah R
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 26
- The South African Triage Scale (adult version) provides reliable acuity ratings.
- Authors: Twomey M, Wallis LA, Thompson ML, Myers JE
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Is the South African Triage Scale valid for use in Afghanistan, Haiti and Sierra Leone?
- Authors: Dalwai M, Valles P, Twomey M, Nzomukunda Y, Jonjo P, Sasikumar M, Nasim M, Razaaq A, Gayraud O, Jecrois PR, Wallis L, Tayler-Smith K
- Issue date: 2017
- The modified south African triage scale system for mortality prediction in resource-constrained emergency surgical centers: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Massaut J, Valles P, Ghismonde A, Jacques CJ, Louis LP, Zakir A, Van den Bergh R, Santiague L, Massenat RB, Edema N
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 23
- Emergency department care for trauma patients in settings of active conflict versus urban violence: all of the same calibre?
- Authors: Valles P, Van den Bergh R, van den Boogaard W, Tayler-Smith K, Gayraud O, Mammozai BA, Nasim M, Cheréstal S, Majuste A, Charles JP, Trelles M
- Issue date: 2016 Nov