High Proportions of Patients With Advanced HIV Are Antiretroviral Therapy Experienced: Hospitalization Outcomes From 2 Sub-Saharan African Sites
van Cutsem, G
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
AbstractHuman immunodeficiency virus (HIV) remains an important cause of hospitalization and death in low- and middle- income countries. Yet morbidity and in-hospital mortality patterns remain poorly characterized, with prior antiretroviral therapy (ART) exposure and treatment failure status largely unknown.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Rapid scale-up of antiretroviral therapy at primary care sites in Zambia: feasibility and early outcomes.
- Authors: Stringer JS, Zulu I, Levy J, Stringer EM, Mwango A, Chi BH, Mtonga V, Reid S, Cantrell RA, Bulterys M, Saag MS, Marlink RG, Mwinga A, Ellerbrock TV, Sinkala M
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 16
- Mortality of HIV-infected patients starting antiretroviral therapy in sub-Saharan Africa: comparison with HIV-unrelated mortality.
- Authors: Brinkhof MW, Boulle A, Weigel R, Messou E, Mathers C, Orrell C, Dabis F, Pascoe M, Egger M, International Epidemiological Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA).
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 28
- Adverse drug reactions in adult medical inpatients in a South African hospital serving a community with a high HIV/AIDS prevalence: prospective observational study.
- Authors: Mehta U, Durrheim DN, Blockman M, Kredo T, Gounden R, Barnes KI
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Monitoring and switching of first-line antiretroviral therapy in adult treatment cohorts in sub-Saharan Africa: collaborative analysis.
- Authors: Haas AD, Keiser O, Balestre E, Brown S, Bissagnene E, Chimbetete C, Dabis F, Davies MA, Hoffmann CJ, Oyaro P, Parkes-Ratanshi R, Reynolds SJ, Sikazwe I, Wools-Kaloustian K, Zannou DM, Wandeler G, Egger M, IeDEA southern Africa, east Africa, and west Africa.
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Pediatric Access and Continuity of HIV Care Before the Start of Antiretroviral Therapy in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Authors: Bastard M, Poulet E, Nicolay N, Szumilin E, Balkan S, Pujades-Rodriguez M
- Issue date: 2016 Sep