High Proportions of Patients With Advanced HIV Are Antiretroviral Therapy Experienced: Hospitalization Outcomes From 2 Sub-Saharan African Sites
van Cutsem, G
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
AbstractHuman immunodeficiency virus (HIV) remains an important cause of hospitalization and death in low- and middle- income countries. Yet morbidity and in-hospital mortality patterns remain poorly characterized, with prior antiretroviral therapy (ART) exposure and treatment failure status largely unknown.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Monitoring and switching of first-line antiretroviral therapy in adult treatment cohorts in sub-Saharan Africa: collaborative analysis.
- Authors: Haas AD, Keiser O, Balestre E, Brown S, Bissagnene E, Chimbetete C, Dabis F, Davies MA, Hoffmann CJ, Oyaro P, Parkes-Ratanshi R, Reynolds SJ, Sikazwe I, Wools-Kaloustian K, Zannou DM, Wandeler G, Egger M, IeDEA southern Africa, east Africa, and west Africa.
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings 1996 to 2006: patient characteristics, treatment regimens and monitoring in sub-Saharan Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Authors: ART-LINC Collaboration of International Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA)., Keiser O, Anastos K, Schechter M, Balestre E, Myer L, Boulle A, Bangsberg D, Touré H, Braitstein P, Sprinz E, Nash D, Hosseinipour M, Dabis F, May M, Brinkhof MW, Egger M
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Rapid scale-up of antiretroviral therapy at primary care sites in Zambia: feasibility and early outcomes.
- Authors: Stringer JS, Zulu I, Levy J, Stringer EM, Mwango A, Chi BH, Mtonga V, Reid S, Cantrell RA, Bulterys M, Saag MS, Marlink RG, Mwinga A, Ellerbrock TV, Sinkala M
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 16
- CD4 cell count recovery among HIV-infected patients with very advanced immunodeficiency commencing antiretroviral treatment in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Authors: Lawn SD, Myer L, Bekker LG, Wood R
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 21
- Pediatric Access and Continuity of HIV Care Before the Start of Antiretroviral Therapy in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Authors: Bastard M, Poulet E, Nicolay N, Szumilin E, Balkan S, Pujades-Rodriguez M
- Issue date: 2016 Sep