Malaria and nutritional status among children with severe acute malnutrition in Niger: a prospective cohort study
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
AbstractThe relationship between malaria infection and nutritional status is complex and previous studies suggest malaria may increase the incidence and severity of malnutrition while malnutrition may increase the risk of malaria infection. Here, we report bi-directional associations between malaria and nutritional status among children with uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition (SAM).
PublisherOxford University Press
- The association between malnutrition and the incidence of malaria among young HIV-infected and -uninfected Ugandan children: a prospective study.
- Authors: Arinaitwe E, Gasasira A, Verret W, Homsy J, Wanzira H, Kakuru A, Sandison TG, Young S, Tappero JW, Kamya MR, Dorsey G
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 27
- Impact of reduced dose of ready-to-use therapeutic foods in children with uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition: A randomised non-inferiority trial in Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Kangas ST, Salpéteur C, Nikièma V, Talley L, Ritz C, Friis H, Briend A, Kaestel P
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Routine Amoxicillin for Uncomplicated Severe Acute Malnutrition in Children.
- Authors: Isanaka S, Langendorf C, Berthé F, Gnegne S, Li N, Ousmane N, Harouna S, Hassane H, Schaefer M, Adehossi E, Grais RF
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 4
- Effect of nutritional status on response to treatment with artemisinin-based combination therapy in young Ugandan children with malaria.
- Authors: Verret WJ, Arinaitwe E, Wanzira H, Bigira V, Kakuru A, Kamya M, Tappero JW, Sandison T, Dorsey G
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Preventing acute malnutrition among young children in crises: a prospective intervention study in Niger.
- Authors: Langendorf C, Roederer T, de Pee S, Brown D, Doyon S, Mamaty AA, Touré LW, Manzo ML, Grais RF
- Issue date: 2014 Sep