Malaria and nutritional status among children with severe acute malnutrition in Niger: a prospective cohort study
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
AbstractThe relationship between malaria infection and nutritional status is complex and previous studies suggest malaria may increase the incidence and severity of malnutrition while malnutrition may increase the risk of malaria infection. Here, we report bi-directional associations between malaria and nutritional status among children with uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition (SAM).
PublisherOxford University Press
- A multi-center, open-label trial to compare the efficacy and pharmacokinetics of Artemether-Lumefantrine in children with severe acute malnutrition versus children without severe acute malnutrition: study protocol for the MAL-NUT study.
- Authors: Denoeud-Ndam L, Dicko A, Baudin E, Guindo O, Grandesso F, Sagara I, Lasry E, Palma PP, Parra AM, Stepniewska K, Djimde AA, Barnes KI, Doumbo OK, Etard JF
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 12
- Efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine in relation to drug exposure in children with and without severe acute malnutrition: an open comparative intervention study in Mali and Niger.
- Authors: Denoeud-Ndam L, Dicko A, Baudin E, Guindo O, Grandesso F, Diawara H, Sissoko S, Sanogo K, Traoré S, Keita S, Barry A, de Smet M, Lasry E, Smit M, Wiesner L, Barnes KI, Djimde AA, Guerin PJ, Grais RF, Doumbo OK, Etard JF
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 24
- Is chronic malnutrition associated with an increase in malaria incidence? A cohort study in children aged under 5 years in rural Gambia.
- Authors: Wilson AL, Bradley J, Kandeh B, Salami K, D'Alessandro U, Pinder M, Lindsay SW
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 6
- The role of dietary diversity in the response to treatment of uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition among children in Niger: a prospective study.
- Authors: Madzorera I, Duggan C, Berthé F, Grais RF, Isanaka S
- Issue date: 2018
- Ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF) for home-based nutritional rehabilitation of severe acute malnutrition in children from six months to five years of age.
- Authors: Schoonees A, Lombard MJ, Musekiwa A, Nel E, Volmink J
- Issue date: 2019 May 15