"I Wasted 3 Years, Thinking It's Not a Problem": Patient and Health System Delays in Diagnosis of Leprosy in India: A Mixed-Methods Study
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractWorldwide, leprosy is one of the major causes of preventable disability. India contributes to 60% of global leprosy burden. With increasing numbers of leprosy with grade 2 disability (visible disability) at diagnosis, we aimed to determine risk factors associated with grade 2 disability among new cases and explore patients and providers' perspectives into reasons for late presentation.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Risk of disability among adult leprosy cases and determinants of delay in diagnosis in five states of India: A case-control study.
- Authors: Srinivas G, Muthuvel T, Lal V, Vaikundanathan K, Schwienhorst-Stich EM, Kasang C
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Perceptions, health seeking behaviour and access to diagnosis and treatment initiation among previously undetected leprosy cases in rural Maharashtra, India.
- Authors: Atre SR, Rangan SG, Shetty VP, Gaikwad N, Mistry NF
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Development and validation of a scale to assess attitudes of health care providers towards persons affected by leprosy in southern India.
- Authors: Srinivas G, Kumar S, Mohanraj R, Sekkizhar G, Muthuvel T, Lal V, Koemm B, Kasang C
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices relating to Leprosy among Public Health Care Providers in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Authors: Wijeratne MP, Østbye T
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Factors Contributing to the Delay in Diagnosis and Continued Transmission of Leprosy in Brazil--An Explorative, Quantitative, Questionnaire Based Study.
- Authors: Henry M, GalAn N, Teasdale K, Prado R, Amar H, Rays MS, Roberts L, Siqueira P, de Wildt G, Virmond M, Das PK
- Issue date: 2016 Mar