Localised transmission hotspots of a typhoid fever outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo
MetadataShow full item record
JournalThe Pan African Medical Journal
AbstractIn a semi-urban setting in the Democratic Republic of Congo, this study aims to understand the dynamic of a typhoid fever (TF) outbreak and to assess: a) the existence of hot spots for TF transmission and b) the difference between typhoid cases identified within those hot spots and the general population in relation to socio-demographic characteristics, sanitation practice, and sources of drinking water.
- Typhoid fever outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo: Case control and ecological study.
- Authors: Brainard J, D'hondt R, Ali E, Van den Bergh R, De Weggheleire A, Baudot Y, Patigny F, Lambert V, Zachariah R, Maes P, Kuma-Kuma Kenge D, Hunter PR
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- Knowledge, attitude and practice of hygiene and sanitation in a Burundian refugee camp: implications for control of a Salmonella typhi outbreak.
- Authors: Nahimana MR, Ngoc CT, Olu O, Nyamusore J, Isiaka A, Ndahindwa V, Dassanayake L, Rusanganwa A
- Issue date: 2017
- A typhoid fever outbreak in a slum of South Dumdum municipality, West Bengal, India, 2007: evidence for foodborne and waterborne transmission.
- Authors: Bhunia R, Hutin Y, Ramakrishnan R, Pal N, Sen T, Murhekar M
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 27
- Typhoid outbreak investigation in Dzivaresekwa, suburb of Harare City, Zimbabwe, 2011.
- Authors: Muti M, Gombe N, Tshimanga M, Takundwa L, Bangure D, Mungofa S, Chonzi P
- Issue date: 2014
- Risk factors for transmission of <i>Salmonella</i> Typhi in Mahama refugee camp, Rwanda: a matched case-control study.
- Authors: Nyamusore J, Nahimana MR, Ngoc CT, Olu O, Isiaka A, Ndahindwa V, Dassanayake L, Rusanganwa A
- Issue date: 2018