Where do HIV-infected adolescents go after transfer? - Tracking transition/transfer of HIV-infected adolescents using linkage of cohort data to a health information system platform
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo evaluate long-term outcomes in HIV-infected adolescents, it is important to identify ways of tracking outcomes after transfer to a different health facility. The Department of Health (DoH) in the Western Cape Province (WCP) of South Africa uses a single unique identifier for all patients across the health service platform. We examined adolescent outcomes after transfer by linking data from four International epidemiology Databases to Evaluate AIDS Southern Africa (IeDEA-SA) cohorts in the WCP with DoH data.
- Using national laboratory data to assess cumulative frequency of linkage after transfer to community-based HIV clinics in South Africa.
- Authors: Bassett IV, Huang M, Cloete C, Candy S, Giddy J, Frank SC, Freedberg KA, Losina E, Walensky RP, Parker RA
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Outcomes of on-site antiretroviral therapy provision in a South African correctional facility.
- Authors: Telisinghe L, Hippner P, Churchyard GJ, Gresak G, Grant AD, Charalambous S, Fielding KL
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Contemporary issues on the epidemiology and antiretroviral adherence of HIV-infected adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa: a narrative review.
- Authors: Adejumo OA, Malee KM, Ryscavage P, Hunter SJ, Taiwo BO
- Issue date: 2015
- Factors associated with long-term antiretroviral therapy attrition among adolescents in rural Uganda: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Okoboi S, Ssali L, Yansaneh AI, Bakanda C, Birungi J, Nantume S, Okullu JL, Sharp AR, Moore DM, Kalibala S
- Issue date: 2016
- Age in antiretroviral therapy programmes in South Africa: a retrospective, multicentre, observational cohort study.
- Authors: Cornell M, Johnson LF, Schomaker M, Tanser F, Maskew M, Wood R, Prozesky H, Giddy J, Stinson K, Egger M, Boulle A, Myer L, International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS-Southern Africa Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2015 Sep