Assessment of household ownership of bed nets in areas with and without artemisinin resistance containment measures in Myanmar
MetadataShow full item record
JournalInfectious Diseases of Poverty
AbstractMyanmar lies in the Greater Mekong Subregion where there is artemisinin-resistant Plasmodium falciparum malaria. As the artemisinin compound is the pillar of effective antimalarial therapies, containing the spread of artemisinin resistance is a national and global priority. The use of insecticide-treated bed nets/long-lasting insecticidal nets (ITNs/LLINs) is the key intervention for ensuring the reduction of malaria transmission and the spread of resistant strains, and for eventually eliminating malaria. This study aimed at assessing household ownership of, access to, and utilization of bed nets in areas of Myanmar with and without artemisinin resistance containment measures.
- Household ownership and utilization of insecticide-treated nets under the Regional Artemisinin Resistance Initiative in Myanmar.
- Authors: Maung TM, Tripathy JP, Oo T, Oo SM, Soe TN, Thi A, Wai KT
- Issue date: 2018
- Barriers in distribution, ownership and utilization of insecticide-treated mosquito nets among migrant population in Myanmar, 2016: a mixed methods study.
- Authors: Linn SY, Maung TM, Tripathy JP, Shewade HD, Oo SM, Linn Z, Thi A
- Issue date: 2019 May 14
- Knowledge, access and utilization of bed-nets among stable and seasonal migrants in an artemisinin resistance containment area of Myanmar.
- Authors: Phyo Than W, Oo T, Wai KT, Thi A, Owiti P, Kumar B, Deepak Shewade H, Zachariah R
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 14
- Evaluation of the behaviour change communication and community mobilization activities in Myanmar artemisinin resistance containment zones.
- Authors: Nyunt MH, Aye KM, Kyaw MP, Wai KT, Oo T, Than A, Oo HW, Phway HP, Han SS, Htun T, San KK
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 23
- Predictors of long-lasting insecticide-treated bed net ownership and utilization: evidence from community-based cross-sectional comparative study, Southwest Ethiopia.
- Authors: Sena LD, Deressa WA, Ali AA
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 9