Twenty years of home-based palliative care in Malappuram, Kerala, India: a descriptive study of patients and their care-givers
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Palliative Care
AbstractThe well lauded community-based palliative care programme of Kerala, India provides medical and social support, through home-based care, for patients with terminal illness and diseases requiring long-term support. There is, however, limited information on patient characteristics, caregivers and programme performance. This study was carried out to describe: i) the patients enrolled in the programme from 1996 to 2016 and their diagnosis, and ii) the care-giver characteristics and palliative care support from nurses and doctors in a cohort of patients registered during 2013-2015.
- "Small small interventions, big big roles"- a qualitative study of patient, care-giver and health-care worker experiences of a palliative care programme in Kerala, India.
- Authors: Philip RR, Venables E, Manima A, Tripathy JP, Philip S
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 4
- Effectiveness of a specialized outpatient palliative care service as experienced by patients and caregivers.
- Authors: Groh G, Vyhnalek B, Feddersen B, Führer M, Borasio GD
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Inequity in the provision of and access to palliative care for cancer patients. Results from the Italian survey of the dying of cancer (ISDOC).
- Authors: Beccaro M, Costantini M, Merlo DF, ISDOC Study Group.
- Issue date: 2007 Apr 27
- Psychological distress and quality of life of palliative cancer patients and their caring relatives during home care.
- Authors: Götze H, Brähler E, Gansera L, Polze N, Köhler N
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Predictors of caregiver burden across the home-based palliative care trajectory in Ontario, Canada.
- Authors: Guerriere D, Husain A, Zagorski B, Marshall D, Seow H, Brazil K, Kennedy J, Burns S, Brooks H, Coyte PC
- Issue date: 2016 Jul