Serological evaluation for Chagas disease in migrants from Latin American countries resident in Rome, Italy
Al Rousan, A
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Infectious Diseases
AbstractChagas disease (CD) is a systemic parasitic infection caused by the protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi, whose chronic phase may lead to cardiac and intestinal disorders. Endemic in Latin America where it is transmitted mainly by vectors, large-scale migrations to other countries have turned CD into a global health problem because of its alternative transmission routes through blood transfusion, tissue transplantation, or congenital. Aim of this study was to compare the performance of two commercially available tests for serological diagnosis of CD in a group of Latin American migrants living in a non-endemic setting (Rome, Italy). The study was based on a cross-sectional analysis of seroprevalence in this group. Epidemiological risk factors associated to CD were also evaluated in this study population.
- Validation of a rapid immunochromatographic assay for diagnosis of Trypanosoma cruzi infection among Latin-American Migrants in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Authors: Chappuis F, Mauris A, Holst M, Albajar-Vinas P, Jannin J, Luquetti AO, Jackson Y
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Towards a New Strategy for Diagnosis of Congenital Trypanosoma cruzi Infection.
- Authors: Abras A, Muñoz C, Ballart C, Berenguer P, Llovet T, Herrero M, Tebar S, Pinazo MJ, Posada E, Martí C, Fumadó V, Bosch J, Coll O, Juncosa T, Ginovart G, Armengol J, Gascón J, Portús M, Gállego M
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Strategies for prevention of transfusion-associated Chagas' disease.
- Authors: Moraes-Souza H, Bordin JO
- Issue date: 1996 Jul
- Chagas disease knocks on our door: a cross-sectional study among Latin American immigrants in Milan, Italy.
- Authors: Antinori S, Galimberti L, Grande R, Bianco R, Oreni L, Traversi L, Ricaboni D, Bestetti G, Lai A, Mileto D, Gismondo MR, Petullà M, Garelli S, De Maio G, Cogliati C, Torzillo D, Villa AM, Egidi AM, Repetto EC, Ridolfo AL, Corbellino M, Galli M
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- An improved serodiagnostic test for Chagas' disease employing a mixture of Trypanosoma cruzi recombinant antigens.
- Authors: Umezawa ES, Bastos SF, Coura JR, Levin MJ, Gonzalez A, Rangel-Aldao R, Zingales B, Luquetti AO, da Silveira JF
- Issue date: 2003 Jan