Highly targeted cholera vaccination campaigns in urban setting are feasible: The experience in Kalemie, Democratic Republic of Congo
Mukomena Sompwe, E
de la Motte, A
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractOral cholera vaccines are primarily recommended by the World Health Organization for cholera control in endemic countries. However, the number of cholera vaccines currently produced is very limited and examples of OCV use in endemic countries, and especially in urban settings, are scarce. A vaccination campaign was organized by Médecins Sans Frontières and the Ministry of Health in a highly endemic area in the Democratic Republic of Congo. This study aims to describe the vaccine coverage achieved with this highly targeted vaccination campaign and the acceptability among the vaccinated communities.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- First outbreak response using an oral cholera vaccine in Africa: vaccine coverage, acceptability and surveillance of adverse events, Guinea, 2012.
- Authors: Luquero FJ, Grout L, Ciglenecki I, Sakoba K, Traore B, Heile M, Dialo AA, Itama C, Serafini M, Legros D, Grais RF
- Issue date: 2013
- Oral cholera vaccine coverage during a preventive door-to-door mass vaccination campaign in Nampula, Mozambique.
- Authors: Semá Baltazar C, Rafael F, Langa JPM, Chicumbe S, Cavailler P, Gessner BD, Pezzoli L, Barata A, Zaina D, Inguane DL, Mengel MA, Munier A
- Issue date: 2018
- Neighborhood-targeted and case-triggered use of a single dose of oral cholera vaccine in an urban setting: Feasibility and vaccine coverage.
- Authors: Parker LA, Rumunu J, Jamet C, Kenyi Y, Lino RL, Wamala JF, Mpairwe AM, Muller V, Llosa AE, Uzzeni F, Luquero FJ, Ciglenecki I, Azman AS
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Sociocultural determinants of anticipated oral cholera vaccine acceptance in three African settings: a meta-analytic approach.
- Authors: Sundaram N, Schaetti C, Merten S, Schindler C, Ali SM, Nyambedha EO, Lapika B, Chaignat CL, Hutubessy R, Weiss MG
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 14
- Delayed second dose of oral cholera vaccine administered before high-risk period for cholera transmission: Cholera control strategy in Lusaka, 2016.
- Authors: Ferreras E, Matapo B, Chizema-Kawesha E, Chewe O, Mzyece H, Blake A, Moonde L, Zulu G, Poncin M, Sinyange N, Kasese-Chanda N, Phiri C, Malama K, Mukonka V, Cohuet S, Uzzeni F, Ciglenecki I, Danovaro-Holliday MC, Luquero FJ, Pezzoli L
- Issue date: 2019