Voluntary Community Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing, Linkage, and Retention in Care Interventions in Kenya: Modeling the Clinical Impact and Cost-effectiveness
AuthorsLuong Nguyen, LB
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases
AbstractIn southwest Kenya, the prevalence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is about 25%. Médecins Sans Frontières has implemented a voluntary community testing (VCT) program, with linkage to care and retention interventions, to achieve the Joint United Nations Program on HIV and AIDS (UNAIDS) 90-90-90 targets by 2017. We assessed the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of these interventions.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Cost-effectiveness of voluntary HIV-1 counselling and testing in reducing sexual transmission of HIV-1 in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Authors: Sweat M, Gregorich S, Sangiwa G, Furlonge C, Balmer D, Kamenga C, Grinstead O, Coates T
- Issue date: 2000 Jul 8
- Clinical impact and cost-effectiveness of expanded voluntary HIV testing in India.
- Authors: Venkatesh KK, Becker JE, Kumarasamy N, Nakamura YM, Mayer KH, Losina E, Swaminathan S, Flanigan TP, Walensky RP, Freedberg KA
- Issue date: 2013
- Mobile HIV screening in Cape Town, South Africa: clinical impact, cost and cost-effectiveness.
- Authors: Bassett IV, Govindasamy D, Erlwanger AS, Hyle EP, Kranzer K, van Schaik N, Noubary F, Paltiel AD, Wood R, Walensky RP, Losina E, Bekker LG, Freedberg KA
- Issue date: 2014
- The clinical and economic impact of point-of-care CD4 testing in mozambique and other resource-limited settings: a cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Authors: Hyle EP, Jani IV, Lehe J, Su AE, Wood R, Quevedo J, Losina E, Bassett IV, Pei PP, Paltiel AD, Resch S, Freedberg KA, Peter T, Walensky RP
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Cost effectiveness of facility and home based HIV voluntary counseling and testing strategies in rural Uganda.
- Authors: Mulogo EM, Batwala V, Nuwaha F, Aden AS, Baine OS
- Issue date: 2013 Jun