Naibei Mbaïbardoum, N
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTargeted interventions have been delivered to neighbors of cholera cases in major epidemic responses globally despite limited evidence for the impact of such targeting. Using data from urban epidemics in Chad and D.R. Congo we estimate the extent of spatiotemporal zones of increased cholera risk around cases. In both cities, we found zones of increased risk of at least 200-meters during the 5-days immediately following case presentation to a clinic. Risk was highest for those living closest to cases and diminished in time and space similarly across settings. These results provide a rational basis for rapidly delivering targeting interventions.
PublisherOxford University Press
- The potential impact of case-area targeted interventions in response to cholera outbreaks: A modeling study.
- Authors: Finger F, Bertuzzo E, Luquero FJ, Naibei N, Touré B, Allan M, Porten K, Lessler J, Rinaldo A, Azman AS
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Urban cholera transmission hotspots and their implications for reactive vaccination: evidence from Bissau city, Guinea bissau.
- Authors: Azman AS, Luquero FJ, Rodrigues A, Palma PP, Grais RF, Banga CN, Grenfell BT, Lessler J
- Issue date: 2012
- Identifying cholera "hotspots" in Uganda: An analysis of cholera surveillance data from 2011 to 2016.
- Authors: Bwire G, Ali M, Sack DA, Nakinsige A, Naigaga M, Debes AK, Ngwa MC, Brooks WA, Garimoi Orach C
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Highly targeted cholera vaccination campaigns in urban setting are feasible: The experience in Kalemie, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Massing LA, Aboubakar S, Blake A, Page AL, Cohuet S, Ngandwe A, Mukomena Sompwe E, Ramazani R, Allheimen M, Levaillant P, Lechevalier P, Kashimi M, de la Motte A, Calmejane A, Bouhenia M, Dabire E, Bompangue D, Kebela B, Porten K, Luquero F
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Elimination of cholera in the democratic Republic of the Congo: the new national policy.
- Authors: Muyembe JJ, Bompangue D, Mutombo G, Akilimali L, Mutombo A, Miwanda B, Mpuruta Jde D, Deka KK, Bitakyerwa F, Saidi JM, Mutadi AL, Kakongo RS, Birembano F, Mengel M, Gessner BD, Ilunga BK
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 1