Naibei Mbaïbardoum, N
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTargeted interventions have been delivered to neighbors of cholera cases in major epidemic responses globally despite limited evidence for the impact of such targeting. Using data from urban epidemics in Chad and D.R. Congo we estimate the extent of spatiotemporal zones of increased cholera risk around cases. In both cities, we found zones of increased risk of at least 200-meters during the 5-days immediately following case presentation to a clinic. Risk was highest for those living closest to cases and diminished in time and space similarly across settings. These results provide a rational basis for rapidly delivering targeting interventions.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Outbreak of cholera in the Republic of Congo and the Democratic Republic of Congo, and cholera worldwide.
- Authors: Kelvin AA
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 13
- The potential impact of case-area targeted interventions in response to cholera outbreaks: A modeling study.
- Authors: Finger F, Bertuzzo E, Luquero FJ, Naibei N, Touré B, Allan M, Porten K, Lessler J, Rinaldo A, Azman AS
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Antimicrobial Drug Resistance of Vibrio cholerae, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Authors: Miwanda B, Moore S, Muyembe JJ, Nguefack-Tsague G, Kabangwa IK, Ndjakani DY, Mutreja A, Thomson N, Thefenne H, Garnotel E, Tshapenda G, Kakongo DK, Kalambayi G, Piarroux R
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Relationship between Distinct African Cholera Epidemics Revealed via MLVA Haplotyping of 337 Vibrio cholerae Isolates.
- Authors: Moore S, Miwanda B, Sadji AY, Thefenne H, Jeddi F, Rebaudet S, de Boeck H, Bidjada B, Depina JJ, Bompangue D, Abedi AA, Koivogui L, Keita S, Garnotel E, Plisnier PD, Ruimy R, Thomson N, Muyembe JJ, Piarroux R
- Issue date: 2015
- Lakes as source of cholera outbreaks, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Bompangue D, Giraudoux P, Handschumacher P, Piarroux M, Sudre B, Ekwanzala M, Kebela I, Piarroux R
- Issue date: 2008 May