'When Ebola enters a home, a family, a community': A qualitative study of population perspectives on Ebola control measures in rural and urban areas of Sierra Leone
Heller Perache, A
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractDuring the West Africa Ebola outbreak, cultural practices have been described as hindering response efforts. The acceptance of control measures improved during the outbreak, but little is known about how and why this occurred. We conducted a qualitative study in two administrative districts of Sierra Leone to understand Ebola survivor, community, and health worker perspectives on Ebola control measures. We aimed to gain an understanding of community interactions with the Ebola response to inform future intervention strategies.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- A practical community-based response strategy to interrupt Ebola transmission in sierra Leone, 2014-2015.
- Authors: Li ZJ, Tu WX, Wang XC, Shi GQ, Yin ZD, Su HJ, Shen T, Zhang DP, Li JD, Lv S, Cao CL, Xie RQ, Lu HZ, Jiang RM, Cao Z, An ZJ, Li LL, Xu J, Xiong YW, Zang W, Zhang W, Zhang HW, Chen WS, Ling H, Xu W, Cai J, Luo HJ, Xing XS, Zheng CJ, Wei Q, Li XX, Li M, Jiang H, Deng LQ, Chen MQ, Huo X, Xu F, Lai XH, Bai XC, Ye LJ, Yao JY, Yin WW, Sun JJ, Xiao L, Liu FQ, Liu XQ, Fan HW, Kou ZQ, Zhou JK, Zhang H, Ni DX, Samba TT, Li Q, Yu HJ, Wang Y, Liang XF
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 5
- The factors affecting household transmission dynamics and community compliance with Ebola control measures: a mixed-methods study in a rural village in Sierra Leone.
- Authors: Caleo G, Duncombe J, Jephcott F, Lokuge K, Mills C, Looijen E, Theoharaki F, Kremer R, Kleijer K, Squire J, Lamin M, Stringer B, Weiss HA, Culli D, Di Tanna GL, Greig J
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 13
- "We and the nurses are now working with one voice": How community leaders and health committee members describe their role in Sierra Leone's Ebola response.
- Authors: McMahon SA, Ho LS, Scott K, Brown H, Miller L, Ratnayake R, Ansumana R
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 18
- Community health workers during the Ebola outbreak in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.
- Authors: Miller NP, Milsom P, Johnson G, Bedford J, Kapeu AS, Diallo AO, Hassen K, Rafique N, Islam K, Camara R, Kandeh J, Wesseh CS, Rasanathan K, Zambruni JP, Papowitz H
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Perceptions and acceptability of an experimental Ebola vaccine among health care workers, frontline staff, and the general public during the 2014-2015 Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone.
- Authors: Jalloh MF, Jalloh MB, Albert A, Wolff B, Callis A, Ramakrishnan A, Cramer E, Sengeh P, Pratt SA, Conteh L, Hajjeh R, Bunnell R, Redd JT, Ekström AM, Nordenstedt H
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 7