Artemether-lumefantrine dosing for malaria treatment in young children and pregnant women: A pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic meta-analysis
Friberg Hietala, S
van Vugt, M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe fixed dose combination of artemether-lumefantrine (AL) is the most widely used treatment for uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria. Relatively lower cure rates and lumefantrine levels have been reported in young children and in pregnant women during their second and third trimester. The aim of this study was to investigate the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of lumefantrine and the pharmacokinetic properties of its metabolite, desbutyl-lumefantrine, in order to inform optimal dosing regimens in all patient populations.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Artemether-lumefantrine treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria: a systematic review and meta-analysis of day 7 lumefantrine concentrations and therapeutic response using individual patient data.
- Authors: WorldWide Antimalarial Resistance Network (WWARN) Lumefantrine PK/PD Study Group.
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 18
- The pharmacokinetics of artemether and lumefantrine in pregnant women with uncomplicated falciparum malaria.
- Authors: McGready R, Stepniewska K, Lindegardh N, Ashley EA, La Y, Singhasivanon P, White NJ, Nosten F
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Population pharmacokinetics and clinical response for artemether-lumefantrine in pregnant and nonpregnant women with uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Tanzania.
- Authors: Mosha D, Guidi M, Mwingira F, Abdulla S, Mercier T, Decosterd LA, Csajka C, Genton B
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Lumefantrine and Desbutyl-Lumefantrine Population Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Relationships in Pregnant Women with Uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum Malaria on the Thailand-Myanmar Border.
- Authors: Kloprogge F, McGready R, Hanpithakpong W, Blessborn D, Day NP, White NJ, Nosten F, Tarning J
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- A randomised controlled trial of artemether-lumefantrine versus artesunate for uncomplicated plasmodium falciparum treatment in pregnancy.
- Authors: McGready R, Tan SO, Ashley EA, Pimanpanarak M, Viladpai-Nguen J, Phaiphun L, Wüstefeld K, Barends M, Laochan N, Keereecharoen L, Lindegardh N, Singhasivanon P, White NJ, Nosten F
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 23