The impact of lay counselors on HIV testing rates: Quasi-experimental evidence from lay counselor redeployment in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
van Cutsem, G
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis study aimed to determine the causal effect of the number of lay counselors employed at a primary care clinic in rural South Africa on the number of clinic-based HIV tests performed.
PublisherLippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Evaluating quality management systems for HIV rapid testing services in primary healthcare clinics in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Authors: Jaya Z, Drain PK, Mashamba-Thompson TP
- Issue date: 2017
- An assessment of quality of home-based HIV counseling and testing performed by lay counselors in a rural sub-district of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Authors: Magasana V, Zembe W, Tabana H, Naik R, Jackson D, Swanevelder S, Doherty T
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Uptake of antiretroviral therapy and male circumcision after community-based HIV testing and strategies for linkage to care versus standard clinic referral: a multisite, open-label, randomised controlled trial in South Africa and Uganda.
- Authors: Barnabas RV, van Rooyen H, Tumwesigye E, Brantley J, Baeten JM, van Heerden A, Turyamureeba B, Joseph P, Krows M, Thomas KK, Schaafsma TT, Hughes JP, Celum C
- Issue date: 2016 May
- High HIV testing uptake and linkage to care in a novel program of home-based HIV counseling and testing with facilitated referral in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Authors: van Rooyen H, Barnabas RV, Baeten JM, Phakathi Z, Joseph P, Krows M, Hong T, Murnane PM, Hughes J, Celum C
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 1
- Evaluation of a well-established task-shifting initiative: the lay counselor cadre in Botswana.
- Authors: Ledikwe JH, Kejelepula M, Maupo K, Sebetso S, Thekiso M, Smith M, Mbayi B, Houghton N, Thankane K, O'Malley G, Semo BW
- Issue date: 2013